No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2017

Comments

• WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    morning all,

another small UU: White company shower gel: WNBA, this was liberated from a hotel and did the job but nothing special
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • Hi ladies,

How are we all?

So firstly two naughty ins from duty free.
    A fabulous orangey channel lipstick which I love and wore a lot on holiday, and an OPI orangey nail varnish. These are both upgrades of some very old cheap nail varnish and lipstick I love but are on their last legs.

Then holiday UUs, all sample/travel size
    2x khiels hydrating serum - WMB, but tad expensive and have a big serum on the go at home.
    2x Aesop Parsley toner - this was lovely but WPNB as I know the brand is quite pricey and these kinds of products can be good and still cheap
    1x Khiels Calendula toner WMB but think I prefer the Nuxe Rose one
    2x Clarins cream cleanser (green one) WB potentially when next need a tissue of cleanser as I liked this, but I do also like brands that are probably a bit cheaper like Avene
    2x Malin and Gomez shampoo sachets 1x conditioner WNB nothing special
    2x some natural brand shampoo sachets WNB prefer a lush shampoo bar as. Rutter value
    5x L'Or!al fibrology conditioner sample sachets WNB doesn't actually thicken hair
    2x Gliss intensive hair conditioner mini tubes brought abroad - WNBA but did the job nicely on sea stressed hair
    1x Simple eye makeup remover, technically didn't use up but GA end WPNB prefer a gentler Avene one
    1x Dove body wash as above, WNB didn't like this very much too soapy and squeaky yet also didn't lather that brilliantly
    1x sachet of brand I've forgotten factor 15 suncream WNB as go for more like a 50! Used up anyway on bits less exposed.
    Big bottle of factor 50 Nivea sun spray
    (like an oil) WBA friend and I really liked this

Phew think that's it!!!
  • Just went to the stash to replace my shower gel by the bath and found i have no travel sized bottles left! Replaced with the dove one i bought the other day and this means i have 0 shower gels in my stash! I'm very pleased with this and will now make a real effort to only have one spare at a time.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 August 2017 at 8:44PM
    One sample UU tonight:

Weleda Evening Primrose Revitalising Body Oil sample WPNB. This was nice, but I'm not looking for a body oil. I was worried about using it, but it wasn't oily at all. It sunk into my skin quite quickly, though I only used it on my legs.

I'm nearing finishing all of the items on my PP list but the one I've nearly finished is the shampoo. I can't wait to finish it. Then I'll only have the 4 haircare products I need; 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 toning shampoo, and 1 heat protection spray.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Hi everyone. I TA a Clinique City Block as I had it for too long and not much left in it. I have another full tube and I'm not sure if SPF would be still good on it but i like the color, so will use it with on top of SPF I guess.

I also UU'ed Korres Guava Body Butter. I like it but my preference would be something lighter. I bought this from a charity shop for £1.50 so was a good buy but not sure if I WMBA. I have other stuff to go through first anyway.
    ally.
  • one sheet mask in garnier one for sensitive skin in
    3 lipsticks on offer In
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    UU

Ponds Exfoliating Renewal towelettes. 30 count. Did the job. Nice citrus and cucumber scent. Replaced with same. It was a two pack bundle at a really good price.

Sephora PearlSleeping Mask. 8ml. Came as a sample with an order. Lasted nearly a week? Did seem to lighten one specific dark spot. MBA.

Atelier Pomello Paradis 10 ml travel spray. Pink grapefruit scent, not too sweet. Replaced with a 30ml roller ball size
  • hand wash is gone.its aldi and it is so nice i thing i prefer it to all the expensive ones. it was a rose fragrance.
    i intent to give a way a few bits that are never going to be finished. better for all.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Just went to the stash to replace my shower gel by the bath and found i have no travel sized bottles left! Replaced with the dove one i bought the other day and this means i have 0 shower gels in my stash! I'm very pleased with this and will now make a real effort to only have one spare at a time.

I feel like I will never see this day. I have a ton of shower gel and haven't bought for ages but the stash never seems to get smaller.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome back suzitiger.

I have some uu

Garnier Micellar Water 400ml - I don't like this as it cannot shift eye make up but DD loves it. I've given her the other 400ml bottle from the stash.

Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturiser 15ml - WNBA, this is for very dry/dry combination skin but my skin felt a bit tight, have replaced it with another the same from the stash.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family