IVA done, additional payment required?!

Hi all,

So I completed my IVA in May 2019 and did my final income and expenditure in January 2019. They accepted this as my final I&E in May and nothing more was needed.
Fast forward to October 2019 and after hearing all but a system generated email and a recorded message from my IVA practitioner, I have just called them today 16th October 2019 to be told that I owe another £2500!!

To add insult to injury, they decided this on the 15th of August 2019 and never uttered a word to me.
I'm BEYOND frustrated that this was decided, they won't close the IVA until the final balance was paid but had no intention of telling me until I asked.
I'm going to complain to them and if I don't get a satisfactory response I will be going on to the Insolvency Practitioners office to raise it up to them.
Has anyone had any experience of doing this? I am not trying to get out of paying, but the way this has been handled is appalling. :mad:

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I would ask them to tell you why they need £2500 - did you have any pay rises or bonuses in the last 12 months?
  • Why have they said that £2500 is due? Is this additional monies? If so then I'm afraid if you did earn these throughout the arrangement then it was your responsibility to introduce them and you will need to do this so your IVA can complete.
  • Hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    So! There has been several twists and turns on this, I did indeed earn the monies they have requested and offered them the information at the time.
    I've spoken to them about 6 times over the course of the year and what they've always told me turns out to of been incorrect, I should of been paying more.
    I have since launched a complaint with them and they have admitted that they failed numerous times to tell me the correct things and that letters they have sent out have had "incorrect wording" due to "system errors".
    Since then the 2.5k has been reduced to 1.3k, obviously they wouldn't complete my IVA until this was paid.
    Today however, I received an email congratulating me on the closure of my IVA and stating they would contact the relevant people to do so.
    So who knows what's going on, it's been so badly handled and I'm still not impressed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure