Which courier is best?

Options
2»

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    jimmy55 wrote: »
    In view of recent activities avoid the eBay PackLink option at all costs and never sign an automatic debit option with them. If possible always take a photo of your item before posting. It helps them if they are looking for an item in a depot.
    Hermes parcelshops are convenient if you have one nearby. I book direct with Hermes or use Parcel2Go for smaller parcels up to 2KG or often UPS drop off for items over 10KG. There is a lot to learn when sending parcels!

Ebay Backlink are not a courier. They are a reseller, much like Parcelmonkey et al.

Buying through any reseller means you are not the customer of the courier, the reseller is.
  • jimmy55
    jimmy55 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes I realise that. My point is that PackLink are wholly unreliable on the ebay platform due to their recent surcharging scams, so best avoided. There is nothing wrong with parcel brokers per se but just dont give them a mandate to debit whatever they like, whenever they like as you have to with PackLink.
  • emmbrook
    emmbrook Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When it comes to Hermes if all goes well (as it always has for me) they are great. If it goes wrong you hear some pretty bad stories. Because they are cheap they don’t have a lot of service back up. Always package things more than you think you should - if you can’t drop it out of an upstairs window onto concrete then it is under packed. I’ve sent quite a few things and always been fine. The couple of delivered breakages I have received weren’t packed to the same level I would have done.

A lot depends on your delivery courier too - we’re rural so it’s the same guy and has been for years - he knows when and where to leave stuff, will come back later if necessary to drop off, and is all round brilliant. In large towns you’re less likely to get such regular quality service where routes are shared.

Under 2kg though and it’s always Royal Mail.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    I used to do multi drop deliveries about 12 years ago before online shopping exploded.and the state some people wrap parcels is a joke.
    Thankfully i now only do distance work for a few select companies 3 days a week leaving plenty of time for golf and granddaughter:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure