New comer in UK and credit score funny story

Options
12346»

Comments

• Rocksolid
    Rocksolid Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With the previous cc I've done everything, bought whatever I had to buy in the month, never got charges a part the 1st time as a mistake withdrawing, probably 4 euros...
    I was charging multiple times the card even, important was do not get interests.

2k don't send me in bankruptcy, that's only the reason.
    If this happens with a cc you should pay it ASAP, and they are not your money, well that's worst.
    There I had 4 days of claim of fraud and full money back, here 1 day in my bank (example) , if there is, it's a huge difference and seen that there is no damn notification, the only thing you can do is to check it every day, bank account included, a pain!!!
    In the previous cc I had also 2 months almost free interest, not only the first 2, also the followings.

Forget about Italy, in Italy cc are a joke, most of them you have to pay back the same month or you finish in the record of people with debts...

I disclosed the average as I don't care, this is what I have in UK in £.
    As a credit Institut I've meant a non bank for my actual cc, call it as is due, but is not a bank, therefore sucks.
  • Rocksolid
    Options
    Ben I'm saying that if you have a 1k cc and you put on it another 1k, it becomes 2k cc, yes with a transaction.
    If you go down 1k your balance is triggered in negative, I start to believe that in UK is not possible.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 6 December 2019 at 8:54PM
    Options
    Rocksolid wrote: »
    !
    In the previous cc I had also 2 months almost free interest, not only the first 2, also the followings.
    Do you mean that you had almost 2 months (i.e. 56 days) interest free if you repaid in full on your previous card? If yes, then it is the same with UK issued cards.
    You would appear to be confusing this with a promotional 0% purchases offer for the first 2 months.
    Ben I'm saying that if you have a 1k cc and you put on it another 1k, it becomes 2k cc, yes with a transaction.
    If you go down 1k your balance is triggered in negative, I start to believe that in UK is not possible.
    Once again I can't follow you. I don't mean to appear disrespectful but your written English is very poor and I find it very dificult to understand you sometimes. Perhaps you should write your posts in Italian so we can tranbslate them oursevles?
  • Terry_Towelling
    Options
    Either we are not understanding each other, or one of us is being obtuse. Hopefully, it is the former.

I not understand what you say about credit card fraud. Why you must check every day for fraud? - you thinking fraud happen to you all the time?

Why you don't keep bank account and credit card from other countries?
  • Rocksolid
    Options
    I didn't take attenction on what I was writing, always in hurry ��, sorry.

I felt much more secure when I was receiving notifications about everything, and you could set up triggers based on rules...
    Here no bank does it, probably in a platinum account, I'm surprised a web server is too complex to handle.

Basic story: I've done a payment in another PC which is not mine, in a different range of IP, it was enough to put the data and the transaction was executed, more than 1k...
    This is not normal, and it happens all the time, and not only to me.

For the overcharge, basically I mean that my cc was overchargable, is it clear?
    Then if you go down your credit balance/allowance you run into interests, but not if you pay obviously.
    One good point of this is that you can use that part of the credit you have in a bigger transaction.
    Imagine to pay 3k £ of iPhone, but 2k are yours and 1k is from the bank.
    WWithout thay kind of credi card you wouldn't be able to do it, or you would if you transfer the balance but this is always paid with a lot of interests, at least in my cc was almost forbidden ��, for security reasons. Here I see many offers for balance transfer but look the charges, are different, but maybe not all them.

Anyway we are going out of discussion, even if for me is very interesting, not sure if someone will close the thread.
  • Terry_Towelling
    Options
    Anyway we are going out of discussion, even if for me is very interesting, not sure if someone will close the thread.

Let's hope so!
  • Rocksolid
    Options
    You can unsubscribe :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income