IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM fine for own space - clarification on tenancy agreement

Options
2»

Comments

• Aether
    Aether Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    After nagging the local parking officer of the development these have been cancelled now according to them.

Apparently I won't be receiving a letter to confirm the cancellation from PCM which I'm a bit sceptical of so I may need to contact PCM myself to make sure I haven't been fobbed off, last I checked it's still present in their appeal system.

Fingers crossed my cynicism will be disproved here but I wouldn't put it past PCM to try to drudge this up in the future somehow.

I was at the point of getting my MP to send an appeal on my behalf to PCM as well and made sure to complain about PCM's conduct in the process.

PPA on the other hand have been pretty much been ignoring me for the last two months so unless some big response was coming along that seems to have been a waste of money.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just write to them stating that as per X of Y on Z date, the charges have been confirmed as cancelled. You require them to confirm this within 14 days and you will require they cease processing your data further as they no longer have cause to do so .

I would send them a notice stating you require a refund, otherwise get a chargeback if paid for on cc.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 July 2018 at 2:28PM
    Options
    Indeed not beforehand I went to them straight from the parking prankster website which was probably a mistake.
    There's a big mistake there somewhere...
    Aether wrote: »
    PPA on the other hand have been pretty much been ignoring me for the last two months so unless some big response was coming along that seems to have been a waste of money.
    They appear to be busy suing people who leave Trust Pilot reviews, and accusing them of 'fraud' and typing frantic comments like:

''This review, and the conduct of the author, is the subject of criminal proceedings. This is the class of person allowed to blatantly lie about businesses on Trustpilot.''

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

:eek:

P.S. dunno why I have included the shocked face emoji, TBH...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aether wrote: »
    After nagging the local parking officer of the development these have been cancelled now according to them.

Apparently I won't be receiving a letter to confirm the cancellation from PCM which I'm a bit sceptical of so I may need to contact PCM myself to make sure I haven't been fobbed off, last I checked it's still present in their appeal system.

Fingers crossed my cynicism will be disproved here but I wouldn't put it past PCM to try to drudge this up in the future somehow.

I was at the point of getting my MP to send an appeal on my behalf to PCM as well and made sure to complain about PCM's conduct in the process.

Well do the latter half of that anyway. This is the only way of getting this scam stopped.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So who are you complaining about, to your MP, remind me?...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Aether
    Aether Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just write to them stating that as per X of Y on Z date, the charges have been confirmed as cancelled. You require them to confirm this within 14 days and you will require they cease processing your data further as they no longer have cause to do so .

I would send them a notice stating you require a refund, otherwise get a chargeback if paid for on cc.

Sounds good I will do that.

Coupon-mad wrote: »
    So who are you complaining about, to your MP, remind me?...

PCM, referencing the points raised by The Deep earlier on as well as in regards to the issues that the unregulated parking industry have brought about to me as a constituent personally. The whole IPC system I find particularly egregious so will mention that.

To be to the point though the lack of regulation for the parking industry is a huge blind spot in law that really should of been tackled by now and as my MP I expect them to support regulation of the parking industry as these companies are blatantly working against the interests of their own constituents (Which can be evidenced by PCM's awful track record in particular), especially when this already appears to have cross-party support.

Some honourable mentions to their deliberately deceptive practices may also be worth mentioning? E.g: the parking notices that look like Penalty Charge Notices even down to stating they cannot be removed from the vehicle, their statements that housing associations/developers etc cannot get involved/mediate to try to isolate victims (I find this particularly insidious) and the bogus "debt" collection letters.

I may need to mention my Housing Association as well but perhaps separately since they managed to lose their copy of the tenancy agreement and took 3 months of prodding to come back with the response "We can't handle it talk with x at y", which lead to the so-called "fines" worsening. Never mind that though not a parking issue. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure