ASDA Jet Wash

Options
Anyone know if they have a 'closing time' on the jet wash at Asda petrol stations?

My local one is open 24hrs for the pay@pumps so I'm wondering if they leave the jet wash on too. I want to pop out and wash my car tonight while it's quiet. Don't like going when it's busy as I feel rushed when people are waiting.

Comments

• docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    I'd just ask the people at the kiosk. You'll need to buy tokens from them anyway don't you? Or is it money straight into the machine?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    docmatt wrote: »
    I'd just ask the people at the kiosk. You'll need to buy tokens from them anyway don't you? Or is it money straight into the machine?

Not sure never used Asda's jet wash before. Usually use one at a different garage and they take coins straight into the machine.
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Anyway won't it be dark? :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They have lights do they not.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's ok, I remembered about one on a local industrial estate which I thought might be open 24/7, so just been for a drive up and it is indeed open 24 hours.

Car spick n span now, first time it's been cleaned since last summer. :D
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For future ref. Our local Asda with coin fed jet washes runs 24/7 alongside the pay @ pump.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just been to Asda petrol station and they have installed a brand new jet wash bay so decided to use it as my car was covered in dust from a neighbour's building work.

£1 for 3 minutes soapy wash then another £1 for 3 minutes high pressure rinse. Bargain! I was paying £1 for 90 seconds at the place on the industrial estate.

:money:
  • IanMSpencer
    IanMSpencer Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not all car washes are allowed to operate 24/7 if there are neighbours to disturb - depends on their planning permission (obviously an industrial estate is less likely to have issues with noise nuisance).

Our local car wash has doors for noise reduction.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    £1 for 3 minutes soapy wash then another £1 for 3 minutes high pressure rinse. Bargain! I was paying £1 for 90 seconds at the place on the industrial estate.
    For an extra 50p you can watch someone else do it and they probably do a better job than you blasting it with a jet wash.
    This may be mse but for me the extra £1 on twice yearly car washing is an indulgence I'm happy to fund :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    For an extra 50p you can watch someone else do it and they probably do a better job than you blasting it with a jet wash.
    This may be mse but for me the extra £1 on twice yearly car washing is an indulgence I'm happy to fund :D

I know the jet wash doesn't get your car 100% spotless as it won't get rid of tar spots or road grim, but it removes general muck, birds mess, and brick dust. :D

And to be honest I'd rather do it myself then let the poles (other eastern Europeans are available) drag a stone covered dirty cloth along my paint work. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure