RAC breakdown

Options
13»

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    RAC would not budge on the price so I cancelled.

Seems you pay their silly price just once and your discounts are thrown out the window.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay

Here's the feedback.
    RAC sent me e-mail 18 or 19 Sept.(not a letter as I requested.)
    Their aim is to investigate within 20 days! but they have to complete within 8 weeks - think this is an ombudsman stipulation. They must have come close to/at the deadline.

A whole blurb about 'long distance' breakdown......excuses. Personally I don't think 90 miles, next county is long distance and that was the least of my complaints- WHEN truck finally appeared.

Nothing about specific issues.

They apologise and say it was totally unacceptable service.
    I have accepted ex gratia payment which equals annual fee.
    I could go to ombudsman and attempt to claim for worry etc but life's too short.
    I would report the whole thing to Saga but I can not find a suitable phone number to do so. Customer Services don't appear on any list.

In the past I have been a member of AA and they have been good to reasonable. I do not expect a patrol to appear immediately as I am (and have been) in rural areas but I reckon 2/3 hours is reasonable but 6 hours in beyond the pale!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who is this Ombudsman ??
  • Undervalued
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Who is this Ombudsman ??

These breakdown services count as insurance so come under the remit of the Financial Ombudsman Service. Hence having to complain to the company first, who have eight weeks to respond before you can take the matter to the FOS.

So too does boiler cover like British Gas so called HomeCare!
  • john_jizzleJR
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Who is this Ombudsman ??
    great comment, helped loads.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    great comment, helped loads.

Yours helped even less, given that a) this wasn't your thread, b) you resurrected it just to make a pointless post (post building before you start spamming?), and c) it actually was useful as it prompted someone to reply with useful information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure