New plan...time to see some movement!

Options

Comments

• Lifeisforliving19
    Options
    I found surveys so hard and gave up in the end. For the little amount I was making, it certainly wasn't worth the hassle. You thought you were ok on one and then after about 10 minutes, it would say you weren't suitable!! Let us know if you find any really good ones.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just do 3 now - YSP YG and Prolific academic. They are not big payers or in the case of YG take a while to get to the £50 but they are enough for me.....I would rather have the time!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Which survey sites are you going to drop Jwil? I only do three which are You Gov, Prolific and One Poll. I rarely get screened out of any on One Poll, and Prolific only screens you out if someone in your house has already done the survey.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I found surveys so hard and gave up in the end. For the little amount I was making, it certainly wasn't worth the hassle. You thought you were ok on one and then after about 10 minutes, it would say you weren't suitable!! Let us know if you find any really good ones.

It's so frustrating. I try not to spend 'real' time on them, but do them in spare minutes while I'm waiting to go to work, or while waiting for pics to upload on ebay etc.
    Igamogam wrote: »
    I just do 3 now - YSP YG and Prolific academic. They are not big payers or in the case of YG take a while to get to the £50 but they are enough for me.....I would rather have the time!

yes, the time is important! What's YSP? I can't think. I do you gov and prolific. I like them.
    Which survey sites are you going to drop Jwil? I only do three which are You Gov, Prolific and One Poll. I rarely get screened out of any on One Poll, and Prolific only screens you out if someone in your house has already done the survey.

I've dropped Valued opinions. It used to be a better payer, but recently you have to answer the same questions over and over before you even get to a survey!

I've still got the ones mentioned above, One poll (I do get screened out a lot, but they are only short), pinecone (though I don't get them often), My survey, which I only do when I can be bothered as they screen out a lot, and I-say which I like though surveys seem to have slowed recently. I've also got e-rewards which are the same company as VO but you do get points if you are screened out, so they can stay for a bit.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    We had a light dusting of snow this morning, then just as I was leaving for nursery/school/work it started snowing heavily. It didn't amount to much, though the kids enjoyed a little play in it :) I hate it when I have to go out so not so keen!

I cashed out on PA yesterday and have redeemed for £5 amazon today from MS. I'm halfway to cashout on one poll as I cashed out just before they changed the level so I've got to get to £40 again before it reduces :cry:

Not too much to report really.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    YSP - your say pays. Very short surveys that pay tiny amounts but soon add up. Cash out at £20. Rarely get screened out.......but I cheat a little :eek:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • jwil
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    YSP - your say pays. Very short surveys that pay tiny amounts but soon add up. Cash out at £20. Rarely get screened out.......but I cheat a little :eek:

Thank you. Short surveys sounds good! I'll have a look at that one :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Today's pad £0.64

Mortgage overpayments total 2019: £21.20
  • jwil
    edited 31 January 2019 at 11:14AM
    Options
    2019 aims and totals:

Totals:
    Debts at LBM - £34,557 ---- Jan 2019 - £21,040
    Mortgage (2018) - £119,124 ---- Jan 2019 - £117,196
    Car (2018) - £3,500 ---- Jan 2019 - £2,200
    House repair fund required (2018) - £7,500 ---- Jan 2019 - £6,282

2019 payments.

Debts - [STRIKE]£21,040[/STRIKE]/ £21,035 - 0.2% cleared (£5 paid off)
    Mortgage - [STRIKE]£117,196[/STRIKE]/ £116,836 - 0.31% cleared (£360 paid off)
    Car - [STRIKE]£2,200[/STRIKE]/ £2,150 - 2.27% cleared (£50 paid off)

Emergency Fund - £11.32/ £1,000 - 1.13% reached
    House repair fund - £720/ £6,282 - 11.46% reached

Weight - Lose 28 lbs - 2.5/28

Mortgage overpayments - £21.20
  • jwil
    Options
    I don't think that's too bad for the month. I'd really like to get the house cleared so I can focus on proper debts, so might try and squeeze a bit more out seeing as it's a short month.

I've pretty much lost my tax credits as expected, so can't rely on that any more, so need to make sure I don't leave myself short. Must try and find some more for ebay.

It's freezing cold here today, but clear at the moment. We are expecting heavy snow later so keeping an eye in case I need to get little jwil from school early. The bad weather isn't helping my anxiety.

Cashed out yesterday for 2 x £5 amazon, just waiting for one to come through.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport