Change is gonna come....

Options

Comments

• Dimps_123
    Dimps_123 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

I'm just reading your diary and have to say so much of what you've said is exactly the same as me - start a job and then sit for 5 minutes with a cuppa and some biscuits and !!!!!! motivation is gone. I end up watching my fav films with some yummy actors (Keanu Reeves definitely one of my favs) and then sit at work in the week thinking of all the jobs I should/ could be doing. I build up the motivation through the week and write lists of what I will do at the weekend and the cycle starts all over. I start thinking about my debt and how fed up I am of being on my own.

It's not good but we are definitely not the only ones in the same position.

I'm in the South too, near the beach and love it - but sometimes I just can't even build up the energy to go my favourite place to walk along the sea. How sad is that?!?

You take care
    xx
    DIMPS
    Working towards being debt free :rotfl:June 2022
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Well done so far xx
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey Jwil - glad to hear you're in support of my liking of Keanu, however I don't like to limit myself to just one gorgeous guy and have found myself feeling rather favourable towards Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt just lately... saw the new Jurassic Park film the other day and wowsers... yes please.. Mr Pratt that is, not the dinosaurs :).

Haha I do :D I do like Chris Pratt in Parks and Recreation though.

Trouble is, now I'm at work I'm thinking of all the things I could be doing at home, like said hoovering, but when I'm at home I struggle to find the motivation to do anything.

This is me :o
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Onefortheroad
    Options
    Hello all - thanks for stopping by. Well, shock of my life on Monday.. got home from work went upstairs to see how my newly-left-school daughter was, to find she had tidied her bedroom - I could actually see the floor - she has a cream colour carpet which once hoovered looks quite fluffed up and lovely. It's been such a long time since I've seen it... made my day. Then, I went downstairs to find a letter from 118118Money, a computer generated one saying I'm behind with payments and owe them £297 and, if I pay this before 3 July they will take no further action against me. Now, I know these come from a computer, but I have worked hard with all my creditors and 118118 were one of the first to accept my reduced payment offer for six months, so less than a week ago I'm thinking yes, I've done well, 7 out of 9 on board and then there's that letter waiting for me. I will ignore it but it still ruffled my feathers somewhat.
    I am looking forward to daughter's 16th birthday - now I actually have a modest amount of money with which to get her something. I know it sounds bad but I was panicking so much about things when I was with Stepchange - I was paying them such a large payment that I was still leaving myself short and worrying about things so it didn't really make much sense to continue that way - especially when I had to replace two tyres. I am definitely more calm about things having taken control of things myself - even though some of these companies can't get their computers and humans (?) to deliver the same message - arrgghh.
    Have a good evening all xx
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's so frustrating isn't it. One of my creditors sent me a letter accepting my I&E and then a week or two later sent me another letter saying that they had requested it and I hadn't responded!

Glad you've got some cash to get DD a nice birthday present. It's little things like that that make it worthwhile. Well done to her for cleaning her room!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Onefortheroad
    Options
    Can't believe how long it's been since I last posted - but I do have this problem of losing my mojo and consequently spend a few days trying to find it, and I'm glad to report that me and mojo are now back together again.

Have had no more responses to my letters to creditors - so I have done some poking about on their websites to find their bank details and will set up the reminder of my standing orders. I could wait for them to tell me they haven't received my payment from Stepchange, but would like to be able to counter that with, 'but I have made my payment as per my letter of 1 June which you never responded to...'

I am getting caught up in the football this time round as well, looking forward to the game tonight - I don't normally watch football but to me it's different when it's the world cup and we're still in at this stage:rotfl:

What lovely weather - if it stays like this for a while I'll be happy, with the odd day of rain for the garden of course - mind you, my bunnies aren't best pleased with it, poor little things with their fur jackets on - just all stretched out in the garden, but having to get up every now and again to find the next bit of shade.

Have a good day all x
  • Onefortheroad
    Options
    Hello all - Lovely weather! Over these past few weeks I have done nothing but liaise with creditors - I have worked out what I can afford to pay them from November (when I've caught up with some essentials that I didn't declare at the time to Stepchange). Doing all this has made me realise that I really did go into the whole DMP thing blind - no EF, didn't really have an accurate SOA and never even accounted for any typical type of expense like new tyres, had a couple of essentials to catch up on but didn't. My initial payment to Stepchange was quite high because I wanted to get on with it and clear the debt. This is why I failed at the first hurdle and took on self management. Now I know that slowly slowly is the way to go. I just feel so low about it all really. I am still looking to self manage though as I want to know that should I build up any spare I can pay a debt with it, but on the other hand I'm thinking, Stepchange were great last time, I'm sure they will do it for me, it will take the stress away. Not sure what I'll do yet, I have until November to decide so doesn't have to be an immediate decision but feel I need to make it now so I am progressing with things and not stagnating. Sorry all, miserable post, just playing things over and over in my head.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    At least you have time to think about the best way forward for you.
    For me I would like someone to do it all for me as that would mean less stress.
    As you say you now know the lay of the land & the need to have even a wee emergency fund in place.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Onefortheroad
    Options
    Hey Beanielou, thanks for you response. I have thought about this a lot and am going to ring stepchange again and ask them to deal with creditors. I've tried doing it myself and I know it's not for me. I have a revised budget and will ask for it all to be set up for November. On another note, the house is tidy(ish), and the rabbits have been cleaned out. Yep, definitely feeling more upbeat now.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good decision for you I think :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure