Barclaycard Platinum Cash Back plus card

MSE suggest the above card, which suits me down to the ground. Spending a good time abroad, foreign currency and purchases abroad are a high priority. However I already have a Barclaycard, and Barclays say you cannot have two cards - fair enough. However when I asked if I could cancel my existing card, and open a Barclaycard Platinum cash back, they said I could cancel my current card but would have to wait six months before applying for the Platinum Card. I have been with Barclaycard for over 20 years - so much for loyalty. Would appreciate any suggestion for the 2nd best option for a credit card to use abroad for foreign currency and purchases abroad.

Comments

• Halifax Clarity is always a sound option, though not the only one.
  • TOP_CAT
    TOP_CAT Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2019 at 9:53PM
    Barclaycard are saying forget the speil that your only allowed one card ,,,they suggested this over the phone .... apply for a second card online .
    When doing so "if accepted" both cards will be on the one account which is nothing new for barclaycard they have done this before .

The possible issue with cancelling a current barclaycard to get a new one is they may drop your credit limit to some silly level not suitable for travel purposes.
    This is very recent news so not all may give this info I certainly was givern different info on a number of occasions over the last 4 months
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure