noddle credit score

Options

Comments

• spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    zerog wrote: »
    They aren't giving free reports out of the goodness of their hearts, they want to make money by enticing some people to subscribe!

They make income by selling details of people who have been hiding from debts to debt collectors.
    Some people have even been called by debt collected whilst still online looking at reports.
    As the service is free it is like a huge honey pot to those with money problems hiding behind new undisclosed locations, who log on and update details for all to see.
    Even Statute barred debts are saleable with new information
    Just wish I had thought of it.
    Be happy...;)
  • Hazzinho
    Hazzinho Posts: 742 Forumite
    Options
    How are they making money from me? i have no debt, makes me laugh all these paranoid people, they already have your details with or without you signing up with them.

To the other person ignore the score just make sure your data is accurate, scores are pointless as income is not taken into account.
  • Melaniep101
    Options
    locotoro wrote: »
    I'm not sure how accurate Noddle is to be honest.

I've got a clean credit file on about 5 accounts for the past 12 months and only 2 missed payments on 1 account within the last 18 months but still my rating is 1/5

Is this to be expected?

My "rating" fell this month from 4/5 to a 3/5 even though there's nothing detrimental on my file, no missed payments, etc. Can't work it out!
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also wondering how noddle decides on its score. I can't seem to move up from 3/5. My wife recently moved up to 4/5 after opening a new credit card though. But they seem to think I have a good chance of getting an Amex and 0 chance of MBNA.
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine is stuck at 5/5. Not meaningless to me as it gives me a warm feeling in this cold weather.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't waste 1 minute of life looking at a generated score from an outfit that no lender gives a to*s about nor use so you're all wasting your time.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't waste 1 minute of life looking at a generated score from an outfit that no lender gives a to*s about nor use so you're all wasting your time.

Interesting you say that, when my OH got a £20K loan from Nationwide a few weeks ago the searched Experian and call credit, which I thought was weird, but there you go.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mine is stuck at 5/5. Not meaningless to me as it gives me a warm feeling in this cold weather.

You have a better credit rating than the country. Go you! :T:T:rotfl:

Old David is sat there saying "I logged into Noddle last month and my rating was Triple A. Then I log in this morning and all of a sudden, out of the blue, it's AA1! I just don't get it!"

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Horseygirl123
    Options
    My credit score is 5/5 with Noddle. I've had real difficulty in getting a new credit card or a loan so not sure how meaningful it is.
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    My credit score is 5/5 with Noddle. I've had real difficulty in getting a new credit card or a loan so not sure how meaningful it is.

Mine is 3/5 and yet I have a £38k limit across multiple cards with about 30% utilisation and have just been accepted for a new Nationwide 0% BT card with a £6k limit.

What can we conclude from this? The Noddle score is worthless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure