Rates drop on Leek regular saver

Options
Bad news - From 2nd December 2019 rates decrease from
2.5% (incl, bonus) to 2.0% (incl. bonus) on the original first issue Regular Saver. had this since 2012 so REALLY sad.:(

Comments

• Sarasa
    Sarasa Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine has gone from 2.25% (incl. bonus of 0.50%) to 1.25% (bonus withdrawn from 2020). So a reduction of 1.00%.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have the 2.25% version too.

It's odd the way things work out. Due to a combination of having put too much money into a notice account and starting the Coventry and Club Lloyds RSs (£500 and £400) and facing awkward gaps between maturity dates in the next few months, I've been considering what to do about the possible shortage of funds at the wrong times.

I had decided to close this account anyway when it reaches the bonus date in early March, having decided to ditch RSs paying under 2.5% interest. But this solves my problems at a stroke; I will close it around the beginning of December or even earlier.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For those with this account who haven't yet had the letter, it goes on to say 'If you decide to close the account, you can do so until January 17th and still retain the bonus you have earned up to the date of closure, subject to normal T&Cs of the account.'

I suppose the last bit means you won't be able to if you have already made a withdrawal in the last 12 months. It may be negotiable?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure