Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:53AM
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Green and skinny here, was blaming my iPad so glad it's not just me.

My sister and brother in law are big steam train fanatics and were meant to be going on Tornado's first 90mph trip on Saturday. BIL is now sadly not well enough to go so they have gifted us their tickets. We will have five hours in York - anything bargainous to do there?

Very envious of your 5 hours in York - when are you going?
    If you register with piture and piano their monthly newsletter comes with a code for a free drink - its right on the river so its a fabulous drinking spot.
    if the weather is good then get some picnic bits from Marks and go and eat them in museum gardens in the sunshine
    There are 3 Neros in the middle of town if you have full loyalty cards to use up for free hot drinks.
    Also Greggs if you have AP vouchers or the app freebie - also good for picnic bits for museum gardens.
    There are 2 Pizza Expresses if you have the app or the oooo2 £5 meal deal etc, one is right by the river.
    Otherwise look at deal zippy and put in York - a few very good city center places with meal offers but check the regs, often not Saturdays and mostly you need to book. I saw BoboLobo the other day, a right blast from the past. There is a very nice Indian called 26 states by Cliffords Tower that is sometimes on Groupon - excellent food.
    There is a free guided walk that runs several times a day from the Art Gallery but its good to walk the walls anyway, not a complete circuit but there are a few places that you can get on and off at .
    We have been coming and going to and from York and Yorkshire for about 25 years, still not seen it all :D
    Its all very walkable - you dont need the hoponhopoff bus - dont try to cram too much in, far too knackering and sensible shoes as your feet will suffer :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Can I go back into hiding now? :rotfl:

Morning all. TS, please don't!
  • Picasso7
    Options
    I now use the Knightsbridge tea bags from Lidl, the red box ones are, I think, £1.35 for 160, I also use their decaf ones in the evening, and OH has the gold ones in the morning.

Thanks Enterprise. I shall try them.

Did you sort your DVD problem? Perhaps you can build shelves for them in a narrow corridor or behind a door or along a wall? You can get CD shelves from Ikea fairly cheaply and join them together with extra shelves (B&Q will cut them for you) or even replace the existing shelves with new shelves to make them wider.
  • Picasso7
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    We will have five hours in York - anything bargainous to do there?

And if you just want to enjoy yourselves, there are some excellent museums there. The national railway one and the castle one are the best – I particularly enjoy the castle one because I can remember some of the stuff in it from my childhood, old household things particularly.
  • chandlerscroft
    chandlerscroft Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    Options
    The only time I feel nervous is when I am doing a big DTD, not done a big one for a while now though.

Yes I'd agree a large DTD is much worse than a large APG, atleast with the APG you can say it's been confirmed by asda system, so it must be right lol
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bcw123 wrote: »
    morning all missed a couple of days do you think the soup will work today

Possibly. One of my As, which had changed its SELs on all the Heinz soups to straight 95p yesterday morning, had changed them back to ones also showing 5 for £3 by late afternoon:huh:. So maybe the offer was not ending but is being rolled over. If not, if your A has SELs saying 5 for £3 today, maybe get that pricing via CS and a £2 GC. They are still showing 95p on a.com. Has this offer really ended in stores or is it still on (like the Batchelors Cup Soups on the previous time the offer disappeared online but was still on them instore up until they... rolled back to 50p:()?
  • mhoc
    Options
    Anyone know about the wuntoo app. Errant son has the app downloaded but he is not with them - so his codes wont work.

Just thinking of doing BI today - myself and Oh have our £3 codes as we are with £3 - For Errant son I could use 0002 £5 meal deal.

and AP to pay the bill
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Anyone know about the wuntoo app. Errant son has the app downloaded but he is not with them - so his codes wont work.

Just thinking of doing BI today - myself and Oh have our £3 codes as we are with £3 - For Errant son I could use 0002 £5 meal deal.

and AP to pay the bill

mhoc, does your son have a 3 sim? You need to register the app with a 3 sim in it, then you can put your normal sim in and carry on using the Wuntu app. All the codes will work after that :-).
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 April 2018 at 10:09AM
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Thanks Enterprise. I shall try them.

Did you sort your DVD problem? Perhaps you can build shelves for them in a narrow corridor or behind a door or along a wall? You can get CD shelves from Ikea fairly cheaply and join them together with extra shelves (B&Q will cut them for you) or even replace the existing shelves with new shelves to make them wider.

Not yet. The space they currently occupy is going to be wiped out by a bird cage, the space they occupied before has been wiped out by various other things. If necessary the unit they are in can be moved to the spare room, but not ideal as no real position for it there.

The ideal would be extremely cheap Really Useful Boxes in the 18 litre version, but they would have to be really cheap as I have worked out at the moment I would have to spend £63 on them. I am going to work out how many I could get in some under bed boxes I have found when I get chance. Problem is I want them all accessible and easy to view, so only one layer per box, mainly so grandkids can find them if necessary, and really have to accommodate quite a few console games too. Whatever I do it is going to hurt the pocket :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mhoc
    Options
    mhoc, does your son have a 3 sim? You need to register the app with a 3 sim in it, then you can put your normal sim in and carry on using the Wuntu app. All the codes will work after that :-).

No, I got muddles and he is with EE

But now you have said that I am thinking that 3 sent us spare sims which I ignored them for the time being so they would still be in the in tray except they aren't so now I have to go in search ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure