IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ in Error

Hi
Iv recently gained access to my credit file as I hoped on becoming a first time home owner this year, however there is a CCJ on there dated back to 2017, the address linked the this is only half correct as the street name is correct however the post code is my parents address

I have contacted the county court to get further information and this goes back to 2016 where there was PCN issued by NE PARKING - these are represented by Gladstones solicitor so the court advised me to contact the solicitors directly to get further information

I then spoke with Gladstones who gave me dates of the parking and the reg of the vehicle And the PCN number

The car I had at that time was a company vehicle registered to my place of work therefor all DVLA information would direct them to the company I work for

I have spoken to my head office and they have sent me proof of the payment being made to NE Parking along with details that they cashed the cheque and a bank statement that the funds left the bank

I have spoken to Gladstones on Numerous occasions they seem to be quite helpful, they requested all the evidence of payment which I have sent via email, they also said I was sent letters in 2017 which I did not receive due to address being wrong, but even still the car is not registered to me so I’m unsure how they gained any details of me in the first place as my place of work would not disclose this for a PCN

They have advised that they will go back to their client with the evidence then get back to me

I’m not feeling hopeful

My question is now that they have all the evidence will they proceed to the courts to have this CCJ removed from my file? Or will I still have to fill in the N244 form and be out of pocket of £255 :( to request this myself?

I really wish to take matters further, the last 2-3 Iv struggled financially and was denied any help with consolidating debt etc which all makes sense now due to this CCJ, can this be taken
Further or will I be lucky to even get an apology?

Any advice greatly appreciated xx

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Stephmc86 wrote: »
    Hi
    Iv recently gained access to my credit file as I hoped on becoming a first time home owner this year, however there is a CCJ on there dated back to 2017, the address linked the this is only half correct as the street name is correct however the post code is my parents address

I have contacted the county court to get further information and this goes back to 2016 where there was PCN issued by NE PARKING - these are represented by Gladstones solicitor so the court advised me to contact the solicitors directly to get further information

I then spoke with Gladstones who gave me dates of the parking and the reg of the vehicle And the PCN number

The car I had at that time was a company vehicle registered to my place of work therefor all DVLA information would direct them to the company I work for

I have spoken to my head office and they have sent me proof of the payment being made to NE Parking along with details that they cashed the cheque and a bank statement that the funds left the bank

I have spoken to Gladstones on Numerous occasions they seem to be quite helpful, they requested all the evidence of payment which I have sent via email, they also said I was sent letters in 2017 which I did not receive due to address being wrong, but even still the car is not registered to me so I’m unsure how they gained any details of me in the first place as my place of work would not disclose this for a PCN

They have advised that they will go back to their client with the evidence then get back to me

I’m not feeling hopeful

My question is now that they have all the evidence will they proceed to the courts to have this CCJ removed from my file? Or will I still have to fill in the N244 form and be out of pocket of £255 :( to request this myself?

I really wish to take matters further, the last 2-3 Iv struggled financially and was denied any help with consolidating debt etc which all makes sense now due to this CCJ, can this be taken
    Further or will I be lucky to even get an apology?

Any advice greatly appreciated xx

You should probably take this over to the parking tickets boards at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163 but my gut instinct is that you're the driver, you're responsible for the tickets and your company's tardy nature in dealing with the County Court claim/CCJ isn't the fault of the courts or the parking company.

But ask over there, they're far more knowledgeable on these matter than us.
  • Thank you for your reply apologies I’m new to this I thought it was the correct forum to ask about CCJs

There wasn’t a parking ticket left on the vehicle it was sent directly to the company I work for (which is standard procedure as that’s where the vehicle is registered) who then paid the ticket on time it should have never getting as far as a CCJ is what my issue is
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you for your reply apologies I’m new to this I thought it was the correct forum to ask about CCJs

There wasn’t a parking ticket left on the vehicle it was sent directly to the company I work for (which is standard procedure as that’s where the vehicle is registered) who then paid the ticket on time it should have never getting as far as a CCJ is what my issue is

So when was the CCJ granted and when was it paid?
  • No, the parking ticket was paid, I shouldn’t have this CCJ in the first place
    The CCJ was added to my credit file March 2017
    NE Parking cashed the cheque that was sent from my place of work at the beginning of Jan 2017
    The cheque was sent December 2016
    Iv not accessed my credit file until now due to wanting to get on the property ladder which is why Iv only noticed it was there
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,841 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    In order to get a judgement removed, you must apply to the court for a set aside.
    There is a cost of £255 for this, as you are aware, however remission on the fee is available for low earners.
    Your defense would be that the ticket was paid on time, court papers were never received, so you had no chance to defend it originally.

They may query why its taken you so long to resolve this matter, better be ready and do your prep if you intend to do this.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thank you, I didn’t know it was there I have absolutely no reason to ever have a CCJ so in my defence I have never received any letters or other correspondence relating to this so didn’t know it existed, the fact of the matter the original PCN was paid in full I have no idea how it’s came to this
  • sourcrates
    Thank you, I didn’t know it was there I have absolutely no reason to ever have a CCJ so in my defence I have never received any letters or other correspondence relating to this so didn’t know it existed, the fact of the matter the original PCN was paid in full I have no idea how it’s came to this

Then set aside is your only option to remove it.
    Take advice first though, either on the parking ticket forum, or on the Legal Beagles website.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    Then set aside is your only option to remove it.
    Take advice first though, either on the parking ticket forum, or on the Legal Beagles website.

Presumably that would be set aside paid for by the scammers, plus costs?
  • Stephmc86 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply apologies I’m new to this I thought it was the correct forum to ask about CCJs

This could well be opening the floodgates allowing this board to fall into the appalling state those who reside on the parking board (and mostly talk to themselves ;) have made that.

I would urge the board guide to be pro-active and move this and any other thread posted on this board relating to parking tickets to the board specifically for parking matters.
  • sourcrates
    Ravenrider wrote: »
    This could well be opening the floodgates allowing this board to fall into the appalling state those who reside on the parking board (and mostly talk to themselves ;) have made that.

I would urge the board guide to be pro-active and move this and any other thread posted on this board relating to parking tickets to the board specifically for parking matters.

Pro-active is my middle name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure