alzy_3 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Looking forward to hear some good news from those that have tried :beer:

Anything that can save money :T
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What it doesn't tell you is that the feed in tariffs are paid for by us the customers
  • joolsleeds
    Options
    A useful article.

I've had some free panels installed by A Shade Greener (ASG), and have been very impressed by the whole set up.

There are no catches, and since we've had the panels installed about 3 months ago, we've taken 45% of our all the electricity we've used off the roof. Obviously, the days will get shorter and the weather less sunny, but fully expect savings of c.35-40% averaged over the year.

ASG's installation was very good, and the after installation service is great too. They are very choosy in terms of who's roof they will put their panels on - your roof must be facing the right way, be big enough for the panels (I have 18 panels installed) and the right roof pitch, otherwise its a no-go.

No strings, other than you are locked in for 25 years, which is a long time. Though the way power prices are going, I expect that the panels would be attractive to house buyers, rather than a put off.

I remain glad that we had them installed, and that we chose ASG.
    :j No longer lurking :j
  • msubbu
    msubbu Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Antispam wrote: »
    What it doesn't tell you is that the feed in tariffs are paid for by us the customers

What are these and how much do they cost?
  • DeeMGee
    Options
    I think its a fantastic idea but I live in Scotland and wonder if the same options are available up here?
  • GeeBeeEl
    Options
    msubbu wrote: »
    What are these and how much do they cost?
    I think he means that they are paid out from taxpayer funds.

The feed-in tariff is the cash that the Government pays the householder who is generating solar power, from taxpayer funds.
  • Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Options
    No. The Feed-in Tariffs are paid for by the energy suppliers NOT the Government.
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • kenny62
    kenny62 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    joolsleeds wrote: »
    A useful article.

I've had some free panels installed by A Shade Greener (ASG), and have been very impressed by the whole set up.

There are no catches, and since we've had the panels installed about 3 months ago, we've taken 45% of our all the electricity we've used off the roof. Obviously, the days will get shorter and the weather less sunny, but fully expect savings of c.35-40% averaged over the year.

ASG's installation was very good, and the after installation service is great too. They are very choosy in terms of who's roof they will put their panels on - your roof must be facing the right way, be big enough for the panels (I have 18 panels installed) and the right roof pitch, otherwise its a no-go.

No strings, other than you are locked in for 25 years, which is a long time. Though the way power prices are going, I expect that the panels would be attractive to house buyers, rather than a put off.

I remain glad that we had them installed, and that we chose ASG.
    what about the roof if its damadged or needs replacing who foots that bill ? or you get a leak on roof slates or tiles ?
    who foots the bill ?
  • ishtar_2
    Options
    I would like to know if you go for the option of free panels and the company upkeeps the panels for 25years, what happens after this time, what is the cost of maintaining the panels yourself. Or if you buy the panels what is the cost of yearly upkeep? :coffee: thanks
  • Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Options
    There was a fab thread about this called something like "Free Solar Power - Is It A Scam". All the questions are answered there. It's well worth a read (that's if it hasn't been deleted by the Forum Police). There was an employee of A Shade Greener who we were chatting with for ages but someone grassed on her and she was banned.

I'll try to find our old thread.

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure