PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LW I've only skimmed the last page (no time for more), so apologies if this out of context. I have a friend who generally only eats when and what she wants. She cooks for her DH, but they rarely eat at the same time. Sometimes she just has some nice bread and grapes or she saves her part of the dinner for later. They're both retired. Could Mr LW batch cook and freeze some meals under your supervision, so he's taken care off? Maybe in the SC, so it's as hassle-free as possible? Then you could help yourself to something easy as and when you're ready.

Tutoring today was postponed, probably until Thursday. The hound's appointment with the lovely vet's nurse went well and I hope he'll cope with his booster next week. Quite a few more jobs to do tonight, so no flying. I really, really can't wait for Friday.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dining room vacuumed.
    Bed changed, bedroom dusted and given a that'll do vac.
    3 different dinners cooked as DH came home when he was going to be out at work all evening.
    WU and kitchen tidied. DH can DUPA later as a special treat for not being out all evening. ;)
    Mending done. Get me. I even got the sewing machine out to do it.
    I'm now looking at door handles online. Life doesn't get any more exciting does it??! :rotfl:
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Twenty minutes of exercise
    Bathroom sparkly
    All recycling sorted, bagged and taken to RC
    Parcel wrapped, labelled and posted at PO
    Car tools returned to car boot, jack and wheel brace packaged in suitable space.
    Put down one back seat and roughly measured boot space.

H2H. Top shelf of large bookcase cleared, cleaned, sorted and chucked/cs/replaced.

MAD. Another bottom kitchen cupboard sorted. Everything out and shelves cleaned. Contents sorted, some to cs, some to go to DSD and rest replaced.

If it's gone I've done it or we don't have one

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Sweep and mop floor

Twinkly Tuesday - Blitz those bathrooms
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate

Hugs, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done to all Slinkies, especially ATB and Pigpen. I've lost the pathetic total of 3lb in all since we started, although I am much fitter after picking up the running and gym post-Christmas and lurgy.
    - Went to zumba first thing and did 3mins on treadmill as I arrived early yes I know it's only 3mins but that's better than standing chatting outside the studio door!
    - filled bird feeders
    - had a huge blitz on half of wardrobe, combining sorting out clothes for the holiday (a list item) and decluttering. I went through all trousers, skirts, dresses (from "tall" side of wardrobe) and there is a pile for charity. I balanced despair and optimism as I tried anything on which I wasn't sure fitted. Anything I kept, I put on the appropriate hanger....why were so many trousers crammed onto one wire hanger so a) I can never find the pair I want b) they all get squashed and c) the hanger gets all out of shape? How hard was it to put them all on the types of hangers with little clips, individually, so they hang uncreased? Then went through all shoes, fling fling, and even put shoe cream on some. Ditto handbags which are now in a large box in another cupboard rather than hanging on the shoe rack in a tangled mess. Put some shoes in their boxes as most had escaped. Tomorrow I shall tackle the "short" wardrobe which is tops.
    - vacuumed floor of wardrobes and some of bedroom floor.
    - checked and emailed a report.
    - did a bit of my autism course; a couple of hours' worth and it will be finished. I'm rather behind with the data protection course as it's boring!
    - Mr N and I practised a couple of dances.
    - We then started going properly through all the non-clothes holiday gubbins we've been piling in the spare room: toiletries etc.

Tomorrow I plan to:
    - sort out tops
    - check through clothes for hol to see if anything needs washing, mending or as a last resort, buying
    - finish and send at least one more report off
    - take car in for service
    - do more of my courses
    - dance class
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    She's a very wise dog - strange men worry me, too.

Kelpie thought that trying some of the agility obstacles in the training field was a rather good idea when treats were on offer - today we did all three tunnels including the one with a rightangle corner in it so he couldn't see me at the other end, a short set of weaving poles and a very low up and down ramp that his legs can handle. After exactly 40 mintues he trotted straight over to the caravan and made it very clear he wanted to go in there by standing on the doorstep - we only went in it last week as it started hailing 40 minutes into his one hour training session! This is a very, very intelligent dog who can remember everything he wants to, but chooses to forget anything that doesn't have a fistful of treats attached to it.

All of his smelly, grubby dog stuff is now in the WM so that I can chop up an old blanket of Dog's that he's chewed hundreds of holes in for his Snuffle Mat. Good old Morribunds, a holey doormat for £2 means it isn't going to cost anything like the ridiculous amounts I've seen them for on t'internet. It was snowing up on the training field which is at the same height of Dartmoor but about five miles away from it but it's now snowing on The Hoe so I can dry it all when it's depewified.

You've probably got a point about the caffeine. I rarely drink coffee outside work (the withdrawal headaches come half term were so bad last year, I dramatically reduced the number of cups I have in a day - it's now 2 very watered down ones by 2pm, rather than about six full strength and Red Bull throughout the day). But I used to drink coffee just before bed up to only a few years ago with absolutely no effect upon my sleep (out like a light before 11, up at just after 6):huh: I'm not that fussed with booze, so apart from my birthday, I think I've had one bottle of beer in a month - that won't be affecting my sleep; I think a bit of proper greenery and a good blast of fresh air from the Sound will help.

Me & Himself will probably be partaking of the rain on the Hoe by next Tuesday, as he's booked a couple of nights staying somewhere in Plymmy (after 2 nights in Glastonbury? Why?
    He used to go to Glastonbury with his XW - I hope to God it isn't the same B&B), as it's the first place he insists we head for once we're off the train; it's how he knows he's home, apparently. Then we'll catch the bus to the nether regions of Dartmoor to stay at his Mum's until Sunday.

That means probably 2 and a half days spent mostly somewhere between the fireplaces of the Dolphin and the Minerva (lots of soft drinks!), seeing his Dad & Auntie, with a few occasions of rattling around junk shops for 'stuff' I can persuade him will be easily carried back on the train. Got any particular recommendations? I'm fond of (cheap) 40s and older stuff, as it doesn't seem to attract a premium price like Mid Century Modern and 50s things do. And whilst some people might say 'Oh, I collect kitchenalia, I prefer to say 'I don't mind buying secondhand kitchen things, music books, costume jewellery and occasional ornaments because they're indestructible/look well used without falling apart compared to the crud in the supermarket'.

Last time we were down, the charity shops weren't particularly impressive (although that was just as the Uni students were all turning up with their parents), but that might be because he isn't that up on the sort of things I like (other than the music books).

Got home from the hospital (all good news, the meds are working but just not quite enough, so it'll be reviewed with the intent of increasing the dose next time) to find Himself had made me a mushroom risotto. An edible one, as well. He's now out rehearsing for this week's gigs and I think I'd probably better make an attempt at getting some clothes washed for packing.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can't sleep pain in knee/left shin & calf if so bad, kitchen tidied, living room tidied, washing sorted and put away, can't do much else or I'll wake up kids - watching episode 3 of Requiem, hoping I'll drift of
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Cat fed
    Lunch made for work
    OH is away last night, so I had all the bed to myself.!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Morning all

Donna hope you got some sleep in the end. I had to cope with DH snoring and DS coughing all night.

Had to change my plans around a bit for today so it will be paid stuff no. 1, gym, doctors then job no. 2.

Chicken and leek pie mix in sc for later. Washing off airer and into tumbler to finish off. Feeling a bit bleugh but possibly because I had a broken night sleep and I am not looking forward to work this morning.

Will be nice to get away for a few days JoJo. I have some time off at Feb half term, dont normally take time off in school hols now but DSs GF is away so he might just fancy a day out somewhere with his old Mum!

Right, off to get some breakfast and get ready for the paid stuff. Catch you all later x
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

Skin still dodgy and I have an infection in my eye, I look a delight :rotfl:

DH has no work booked in at all :( it hasn't been this quiet since he set up the business almost 8 years ago. A lot of what he does requires high level company board approval and the word is until we have a clearer picture on how Brexit will impact their businesses, no money is being spent :(. No work = no money and a very fed up DH. I am putting my OS hat on today and doing lots of batch cooking and eBay listing - if it's not nailed down it's going!

Best get a shuffle on, have lovely days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did good Sunday my side of the room sorted
    Monday night we focused a bit on the kitchen
    Last night I got home nearly 10pm
    I’ve got plans at 8 tonight so have an hour home 6.30-7.30 and I’ll use that for the days list and making tea at least level 1 form Monday Tuesday Wednesdays tomorrow I work until 8.30.
    Why does life just get in the way ?
    Plus of the day - shiny tools - negative of the day - dealing with the wedding hotel who’ve almost doubled our price
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure