Argos Laptop Return

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    WRONG. Distance Selling Rules/Regulations no longer exist as these were replaced by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 as of 13 June 2014
    Angryparcel, I object to your unnecessarily 'angry' response.

There is nothing wrong with the information in my post.

Please behave.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 July 2017 at 1:48PM
    Options
    WRONG. Distance Selling Rules/Regulations no longer exist as these were replaced by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 as of 13 June 2014
    WRONG!! Distance selling rules do apply, it's just the the relevant distance selling regulation now in force are the CCRs, which is pretty much what Wealdroam stated.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wigannwuk wrote: »
    so what can i do?
    Contact Argos again stating that your purchase is covered by the CCRs and you are entitled to a refund, if they still refuse then your only choice is to send an LBA.
  • wigannwuk
    wigannwuk Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i appreciate everybodys replies, though courtesy costs nothing if you disagree with somebody.

i have emailed Argos anyway and await a response
  • wigannwuk
    wigannwuk Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Contact Argos again stating that your purchase is covered by the CCRs and you are entitled to a refund, if they still refuse then your only choice is to send an LBA.

cheers neal

i did email them ,so will see. whats an LBA?
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wigannwuk wrote: »
    cheers neal

i did email them ,so will see. whats an LBA?

Letter Before Action
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Please reread what wealdroam wrote. You have stated the same thing that they did!
    No he stated
    The distance selling rules, now included in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013,
    which they are not as they were REPLACED by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
  • OlliesDad
    OlliesDad Posts: 1,825 Forumite
    Options
    No he stated

which they are not as they were REPLACED by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

No, the rules about distance selling are included The CCR 2013 they were previously included within the Distance Selling Regulations. What Wealdroam posted was perfectly acceptable and everybody understood exactly what was meant.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No he stated
    The distance selling rules, now included in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013,
    Are you really saying that the distance selling rules are not included in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013?

Surely not.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Are you really saying that the distance selling rules are not included in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013?

Surely not.
    no the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 REPLACED distance selling regs.
    DSR gave 7 days grace, CCR give 14 days grace, so totally difference regs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure