IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones LBC UK CPM

Options
Jamran
Jamran Posts: 110 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
edited 8 February 2018 at 2:15PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi guys

I received a LBC for a PCN I have no knowledge of. The driver visited the location to drop someone off. They dropped them off and left. However few days later I received a ticket saying I had to pay up and must do etc. I, regrettably, ignored and after few letters from debt collectors etc I’ve received this LBC.

I wanted advice on what to include in the reply. Should I include what’s on the newbies section and add for them to give photographic proof of the incident? Or any their suggestions?

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The newbies faq thread (#2) covers how to reply to a LBCCA and how to prepare your defence should it progress to a court claim

Edit your OP to remove details of who was driving
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2018 at 6:53PM
    Options
    See what MPs think of this company whom an MP has been reported to the SRA.

Watch this and complain to your MP.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Was the LBC complaint with the new rules which came into effect on 1st October 2017? If not, read this

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil

and complain robustly to your MP and the SRA.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Jamran
    edited 12 March 2018 at 7:29PM
    Options
    Hi all. Just an update. Gladstone's have emailed me back with a document to fill in. It's titled "PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS Redraft spring 2015"

What shall I do? Any advice please?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 March 2018 at 3:02PM
    Options
    Jamran wrote: »
    Hi all. Just an update. Gladstones have emailed me back with a document to fill in. It's titled 'PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS Redraft spring 2015'.

No idea.
    You have not given enough information to work on.

Why don't you show us what you have received?

I note you state 'Redraft spring 2015', but please note there is a October 2017 Pre Action Protocol for Debt Claims - linked from post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Jamran wrote: »
    Hi all. Just an update. Gladstone!!!8217;s have emailed me back with a document to fill in. It!!!8217;s titled !!!8220;PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS Redraft spring 2015!!!8221;

Please switch off your 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad to avoid clogging up your posts with !!!!8820 and the like.

Go to 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no negative affect on any other use of the keyboard.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Link doesn't work.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Jamran
    edited 12 March 2018 at 6:02PM
    Options
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You have received a lbcca

The newbies faq thread #2 covers court claims from receipt of this letter right through to the hearing

Go there now to see the section on how to deal with a LBCCA
  • Jamran
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You have received a lbcca

The newbies faq thread #2 covers court claims from receipt of this letter right through to the hearing

Go there now to see the section on how to deal with a LBCCA

I received the LBCCA letter already hence the reason I started this thread. Why are they sending me another one again? I responded to the original LBC letter and they've sent me the same thing in reply? How does that work?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure