Packlink stopped comms at refund

Options
Packlink owe me a refund for a parcel that Hermes lost. They agreed to refund, and I got the shipping fee back via PayPal, but they insisted on BACS for the value of the eBay item.

I provided my bank details on the 23rd October, chased on the 1st November and 9th November, and have received nothing but the automated response. I've just started a new chain of communication via the help centre in the hopes of getting somebody's attention.

The whole process - from trying to get the label printed to (not) getting my money back has been a pain from start to finish. I definitely won't be using them again.

Has anybody else successfully claimed for a lost parcel and been refunded by them?

Comments

• TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I stopped using Packlink after a parcel (fully insured) was damaged in transit. They kept coming back asking for additional information eg a photograph of the package in the packaging but damaged (I was the seller) and asked me to provide all the information from Myhermes (the courier) to pass on to them to pass on to myhermes. They then pretend the only communicate in Italian when you query their emails..

I have a word for them but sadly it isn't repeatable. I just go direct to the courier now. That way if there is an error or query I'm not playing chinese whispers and if there is a problem with my paperwork its down to me not an incompetent numpty.

Sorry rant over.

Short answer : No and don't use them again.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I still haven't received a refund - they've had my bank details for a month now.

I spoke to somebody on live chat earlier in the week who said they'd speak to the claims department (somehow I doubt that...). Next thing I know the claim was marked as resolved - um, I don't think so! Luckily it's possible to reopen via their portal. Still absolutely no response from them though.

I've got reminders in my calendar to chase every other day. It might only be £7-something, but that's my £7-something and it's enough to get a pizza from the van that comes around at lunch time!

If I eventually get sorted I'll update with how I did it, in the hopes that it saves somebody else the aggro.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Finally received my refund today.

I'd gotten to the point where I was emailing daily, and on live chat (you can't speak to them by phone) if the queue wasn't prohibitive. I spoke to somebody called Jesus who was actually communicative - emailed me when he said he would and provided updates; he was obviously chasing the claims team.

So I think it's a case of hounding them - live chat is probably the most effective - until you get a good 'un. I still wouldn't recommend them though!
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    Finally received my refund today.
    I spoke to somebody called Jesus
    Divine intervention! Glad it worked out.
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    TripleH wrote: »
    I stopped using Packlink after a parcel (fully insured) was damaged in transit. They kept coming back asking for additional information eg a photograph of the package in the packaging but damaged (I was the seller) and asked me to provide all the information from Myhermes (the courier) to pass on to them to pass on to myhermes. They then pretend the only communicate in Italian when you query their emails..

I have a word for them but sadly it isn't repeatable. I just go direct to the courier now. That way if there is an error or query I'm not playing chinese whispers and if there is a problem with my paperwork its down to me not an incompetent numpty.

Sorry rant over.

Short answer : No and don't use them again.

Exactly the same has happened to me - I will not be using them again and now go direct to the courier.
  • thepurplepixie
    Options
    I've had 2 refunds from them with no problem. One was for a label I paid for but due to other issues couldn't use. The other one was a mess up with a delivery, parcel missing for days, told it was on the way back to me and I refunded the buyer. That day they delivered it. Fortunately the buyer was just pleased to get it and paid me again and Packlink refunded what I'd paid for the delivery.

I must have been lucky as the first refund was fast and easy and the second one I didn't even ask for a refund, just wanted the parcel delivered and not returned to me which they said they could do but did.
  • Hammer56
    Options
    I recommend that everyone having problems with Packlink read the “Avoid Packlink” thread on the ebay Sellers Forum it is long and full of horror stories and very revealing about how second hand goods may not covered by the insurance, £40 overcharges automatically deducted from PayPal for parcels wrongly reported as oversize, extreme problems with communicating with Packlink (they are based in Spain, there is no U.K. presence), long delays in processing claims, unfairly turning down claims (eg if you don’t have photos of the parcel prior to postage), requiring evidence of what something costs you, not what it sold for, and only refunding what you paid for it ...if you are lucky.... but not refunding the actual postage paid.

If say Hermes or UPS lose your parcel, and you bought via Packlink, Hermes/UPS won’t deal with you as your contract is with Packlink. You are then completely stuffed.

Packlink are not a delivery company but are a Spanish based e-business market comparison site, part owned by eBay I think.

Avoid them at all costs but if you do have a problem I suggest adding your story to the eBay sellers forum thread.

This would be ripe for some investigative journalism by Martin Lewis and his MSE team.
  • chipfork
    chipfork Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same challenges with Packlink. Parcel went missing, Hermes eventually confirmed it was lost. Filed a loss claim with Packlink and 30 days have gone by and only one email from them, a customer feedback form in Spanish.
    The only means of communication is a live chat and that isn't always available. The queue for an operator on the chat can be long and they'll tell you they'll chase the relevant department. I've been through that numerous times when trying to find the status of the delivery and again now trying to find where my loss claim is at. Very little success although one of the five people I chatted with did reply a few days later.
    All the paperwork was completed, so they say, so why the delay in paying out. It all seems designed to delay and hope that people give up.
    They've not even asked for my bank details yet so it could be months to get any money back if at all.
    I guess UK consumer protection options are limited given they're based in Spain?
  • chipfork
    chipfork Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Persistence is the key. After logging an EU online dispute and then chasing Packlink directly, yesterday I received an email to say the insurance would cover a full refund and be transferred to my Paypal account. That included the shipping costs which I'd already claimed back using a Paypal dispute claim. Today the money is in my Paypal account, success but what an enormous amount of time and effort was needed.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chipfork said:
    Persistence is the key. After logging an EU online dispute and then chasing Packlink directly, yesterday I received an email to say the insurance would cover a full refund and be transferred to my Paypal account. That included the shipping costs which I'd already claimed back using a Paypal dispute claim. Today the money is in my Paypal account, success but what an enormous amount of time and effort was needed.
    Did you also get the fee for lodging the claim refunded?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback