Options
bonnie_2
bonnie_2 Posts: 1,463 Forumite
my friend has just signed up for it what does it entale and is it a con

Comments

• Davidboy
    Davidboy Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    No it is not a con, you will be sure that your gas and leccy price will not go up 'til 2010. But....... if prices were to fall then you will lose out and to get out of the contract will cost you £75.

I have also received the offer and am not sure what to do. There is another thread on here that says prices COULD fall in the next few years, But without my crystal ball??????

D
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • chateau42
    Options
    I was always careful in dealing with BG. I keep well clear now.
    The moving finger, having writ, moved on.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's not price 'capping' it's price 'freezing' which is a major difference.
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My nan received this offer recently. I told her not to sign anything untill I had a chance to ask in here if it was worth it.

Any views/opinions?
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • blossom30
    Options
    Hi, I thought I would add my tuppence worth. Im a wee bit suspicious here , to find that an organisation such as British Gas wants to "freeze" prices now come on when have any of these companies ever had the consumers interest at heart. Now I was only reading an article the other day that supply of oil now exceeds demand. So I'm just wondering why B.G want to 'lock' in customers because that is what they appear to be offering. I wonder if perhaps the prices are going to drop and that is why this is being introduced. I personally won't be taking them up on their offer . I don't feel any loyalty to B.G whatsoever.
  • parkside_stroller
    Options
    I had a Scottish Power rep at my door yesterday. On hearing that I take gas and elec from British Gas he told me that Scottish Power are offering to CAP prices rather than freeze them like BG. I'm sure you'll realise that this means they will go down if prices decrease which seem unlikely though if the reasons behind increases are indeed due to increased price in the raw materials. Nice sales pitch though - halted when I told him that the uswitch web site comparison that I tried suggests that I would pay £160 less for dual fuel than I do at the moment and the Scottish Power figure was around £60 to £70 if I remember correctly - I've added this to things I must do before I turn 40.
    Does anyone have any idea what the other power companies are doing with regard to price increases and price capping/freeze?
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Rex_Mundi wrote:
    My nan received this offer recently. I told her not to sign anything untill I had a chance to ask in here if it was worth it.

Any views/opinions?

Many views/opinions in this thread all about the BG price freeze.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=90385
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport