How to restore YouTube default view?

Options
Si_Clist
Si_Clist Posts: 1,476 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
I am running Firefox on a Windows 10 laptop and am thoroughly fed up with YouTube on it. The YouTube screen used to be on the left-hand side of my screen, with a vertical list of other videos down the right-hand side. When I wanted to view a video full screen, I selected that, in due course reverted to the default view, and all was sweetness and light.

Now, everything's bigger, with suggested videos displayed horizontally in threes, and if I click on one to watch it, it goes full width of the screen so I can only see the top three-quarters without scrolling.

It's driving me nuts. What have I done to bring this upon myself, and how do I get back to normal? I've got nowhere searching for the answer on Google :(
A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.

Comments

• Si_Clist
    Options
    In case it helps anybody else to know, I just solved my own problem by downloading Google Chrome and opening YouTube in that instead of using Firefox as normal. Seems to be working so far :)
    A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fine on my Firefox, if everything has suddenly become bigger that usually means you've done page zoom by accident. You can reset it to 100% by pressing CTRL+0 (zero) while on the YouTube page.
  • Si_Clist
    Options
    Gosh! That worked!! Thanks very much indeed :)

Funny how that didn't come up in any of the searches I did ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure