PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Hopeless_Case
    Options
    £7.67 spent yesterday so £80.34/£200 now spent
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    hi everyone
    first spend of the month £26.71.
    Just checked receipt and noticed they have not taken off money for buy two offer. :(
    Should have looked at the receipt when I was in car before I left but was in a hurry to go home. Shop is quite a few miles away so would probably be a false economy to return.
    Did buy YS skimmed milk and with reference to previous posts it is now in the freezer. The forecast for my area is a severe winter this year so I am trying to fill freezer and store cupboards with essentials. I freeze milk, butter, cheese, bread etc. Will also buy longlife milk, I'm a belts and braces kind of gal. :)
    Good luck to everyone especially new contributers and returners.
    The good thing about the GC wagon is even if you fall off it there are plenty of great people willing to help you climb back on it.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Just checked receipt and noticed they have not taken off money for buy two offer. :(
    Should have looked at the receipt when I was in car before I left but was in a hurry to go home.
    I've noticed this a lot recently, also noted that my local 1St0p do not cover the original bar codes when they reduce/ys products, the result of this meant two items put through at full price! :eek:
    Shall be keeping a better eye on things in the future.
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Claiming another nsd. Tea tonight is poached egg and beans on toast for the children, vegan chilli and rice from the freezer for the adults.

Hope you guys are holding on to your money. X
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Been AWOL for a little while but I need to take control of my grocery spending as it appears to be spiraling out of control. Spent £75.00 so far and hopefully if I start meal planning as well I can reduce the spending to £200.

Maggie x
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    Options
    Did my biggish shop today at Aldee and Moggies. £5.50 at Moggies on 2 packs YS chicken breast fillets, 2 loaves YS gf bread and YS eggs.
    Aldee spent £29.75, that’s topped up on t rolls and dw tabs too. So £35.25 total spend. Will update.

NSD yesterday.
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    I'm starting to get real about my freezer regarding the items I will or will not eat. Yesterday I binned some pieces of Black Forest ham that I bought from Lidl nearly two years ago. I didn't like the way it cooked and haven't touched it since. This evening I tossed a whole bag of small bread rolls/buns that I know I won't use at all. Between eating down the freezer and tossing out a few things, I'm starting to see a lot of space in there. I boxed up most of the remaining beef & lentil curry to add to my freezer. Turns out OH and I may be moving country more like end of January instead of March or April, so emptying the freezer and cupboards is a definite goal this winter.

€26.23 at the big Delhaize for olive oil, 1kg bag of onions, Kleenex tissues, berries, herbs, some gorgeous clementines, peanut butter, pate, peanuts and pretzel sticks.

€3.15 at a small Delhaize just now for cheese slices.

TOTALS SO FAR
    €70.04 / €300.00
    2 / 12 NSDs

I had a strike of nostalgia and bought pretzel sticks to dip in the peanut butter. It took me back to my childhood of eating peanut butter Combos snacks at school. :) Tomorrow morning I'll buy a couple sandwich rolls to compile my lunch. Yes, I know I just tossed a bag of them but they were freezer burnt. I'll be onsite at a client's office all day and will take several small sandwiches, salad, and fruit to last me the day. We probably have enough veg and fruit to last us until Friday so I'm looking to rack up a NSD on Thursday.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    £3.69 spent today as OH needed a few bits.

Organic whole milk, udon noodles, smokey chorizo tortellini and mixed pepper stir fry mix.

I had vegetable stew for dinner.
    OH is about to have the tortellini for his dinner.

£48.32/£200.
    £151.68 left
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    £2.91 spent tonight on a load of bargain ys stuff at work.
    Impending Morrisons shop should be £31.63
    I will workthe Ocado one out tomorrow asi am too tired right now.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £2.91 spent tonight on a load of bargain ys stuff at work.
    Impending Morrisons shop should be £31.63
    I will workthe Ocado one out tomorrow asi am too tired right now.

Well done on the ys haul. I don't manage to find any as our local co-op is very stingy with it's reductions.

Another nsd. I think I'll start a tally. I been cooking up a storm already. I've soaked kidney beans (soon to be more chilli), made coleslaw, pasta sauce (some heading for the freezer) and the bread maker is set for dough balls. So the pasta, sauce and balls are for everyone else, I've got pinto bean stew out of the freezer for me and the coleslaw is for packed lunches tomorrow.

Enjoy your day everyone. It's proper autumnal today.xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport