Request Redundancy???

Options
Hi All

My issue is...
Its a big hospitality company.
My workplace was changed business and i cannot work in there anymore...
Firstly, they offered me somewhere else a different jobs, but after in that venue they changed there mind and when iam asked for a email about all the offered job and duties, they just sent me a email about "they cant offer anything for me at the moment"...
So in this case i think, iam being redundant.
I would like to send a email for my area manager(because thats the only contact i have atm) about "request for a redundancy payment"
What do you think? I can make this email and i can ask for it?
I want to write something like this...

"After this i have to realize iam being made redundant.
Iam started to work for this company in 20/10/2014, in these case i would like to request for a statutory redundancy payment."

Comments

• JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,289 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What kind of contract are you on?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All

My issue is...
    Its a big hospitality company.
    My workplace was changed business and i cannot work in there anymore...
    Firstly, they offered me somewhere else a different jobs, but after in that venue they changed there mind and when iam asked for a email about all the offered job and duties, they just sent me a email about "they cant offer anything for me at the moment"...
    So in this case i think, iam being redundant.
    I would like to send a email for my area manager(because thats the only contact i have atm) about "request for a redundancy payment"
    What do you think? I can make this email and i can ask for it?
    I want to write something like this...

"After this i have to realize iam being made redundant.
    Iam started to work for this company in 20/10/2014, in these case i would like to request for a statutory redundancy payment."

Were you zero hours?
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have a mobility obligation in your contract?
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    Andy_L wrote: »
    Do you have a mobility obligation in your contract?
    I dont see anything like this in my contract. But as i know if they want to give me my hours they can sat to work another site. Btw we have more then 600 venues around london.
    But not thats the issue...always bad the communication between them...and iam just thinkink to write this email to them...Iam already without work, money a week ago...
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    JCS1 wrote: »
    What kind of contract are you on?
    what do you mean?
    Its a normal hourly salary, with a avarage 30h a week. that is is in my contract.
    No termination date or something...
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Were you zero hours?
    no.
    in my contract there is "Your normal hours of worka are approximately 30 per week"
    there is no exactly any minimum hours or something like this...
    I think they are just waiting until when iam getting bored about all of this thing and i give a notice to them...cause in these case they dont need to pay a redundancy payment for me after my 4 years...
    I just really want to know can i send that email or not...
    thats why iam waitinig for a goood advise...
    But to be honest what is gonna be worst now...if iam just send a reaquest to them?!
  • Comms69
    Options
    I suspect there is a significant language barrier - do you have a union?
  • Comms69
    Options
    no.
    in my contract there is "Your normal hours of worka are approximately 30 per week"
    there is no exactly any minimum hours or something like this...
    I think they are just waiting until when iam getting bored about all of this thing and i give a notice to them...cause in these case they dont need to pay a redundancy payment for me after my 4 years...
    I just really want to know can i send that email or not...
    thats why iam waitinig for a goood advise...
    But to be honest what is gonna be worst now...if iam just send a reaquest to them?!

Without reading the contract I cant say.

But you may not be entitled to redundancy. It seems you refused to work where you were told to?

However, if not; then you're barking up the wrong tree; this could be a case for unfair dismissal. But again its difficult to say.

You need to stop, and post a clear timeline of the last 3 months. and direct quotes from your contract
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    I suspect there is a significant language barrier - do you have a union?
    Unfortunately no, iam thinkink to join them in the end of the last year, but because i was soo busy i tottaly forget...
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    Without reading the contract I cant say.
    But you may not be entitled to redundancy. It seems you refused to work where you were told to?
    However, if not; then you're barking up the wrong tree; this could be a case for unfair dismissal. But again its difficult to say.
    You need to stop, and post a clear timeline of the last 3 months. and direct quotes from your contract

Iam not refused to work there, a last time i just said to them for the new place management "please send me all the offered position with all the details in email..."
    and 2days later they sent me a email about "sorry we havent got anything for you at the moment"...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure