Free Grants with E-on

Options
what are peoples experiences on this?
i am claiming income based JSA which is a qualifying benefit so ive put in for a grant for cavity wall insulation and I want to also talk to them about a new boiler as 2 of the controls on my old boiler are broken.
do they try and get you to dip into your pocket or are these really free?

Comments

• PennineAcute
    Options
    I have had white goods from EON as a grant and they have been totally free.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Darenth87 wrote: »
    what are peoples experiences on this?
    i am claiming income based JSA which is a qualifying benefit so ive put in for a grant for cavity wall insulation and I want to also talk to them about a new boiler as 2 of the controls on my old boiler are broken.
    do they try and get you to dip into your pocket or are these really free?

Hello Darenth87 and thank you for your application for cavity wall insulation.

Cavity wall insulation is just part of the services we offer to eligible customers under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme. This scheme, part of Affordable Warmth, provides support with home improvements like loft insulation and gas boiler replacements too. There's more information including an application form on our website.

If you're eligible under ECO and your gas boiler is broken, you could qualify for help replacing it. If you do qualify, there's a fee of £240 towards the standard replacement of the boiler and we'll pay the rest as part of Affordable Warmth. There may be additional costs if further work is needed. This could include things like pipework, scaffolding, heating upgrades etc.

Each case is different and we would need to carry out a free home survey to see what we're able to provide and, depending on the circumstances, if further costs are involved. We'll let you know once the assessor has reported back.

Hope this is of interest Darenth87.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sorry to high jack this thread, malc i am wondering if you could add any info, it says on the eon affordable warmth criteria • "If anyone living at the property qualifies in the sections". we are just over the income threshold, but my non dependant son who lives at our address is in receipt of jsa, would he qualify to apply do you think? our boiler has broken today and we are not in a position to be able to afford a new one at the moment!
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lucinad wrote: »
    sorry to high jack this thread, malc i am wondering if you could add any info, it says on the eon affordable warmth criteria • "If anyone living at the property qualifies in the sections". we are just over the income threshold, but my non dependant son who lives at our address is in receipt of jsa, would he qualify to apply do you think? our boiler has broken today and we are not in a position to be able to afford a new one at the moment!

Hello lucinad and certainly worth asking the question.

Each application is considered individually based around the eligibility as outlined on our website. As JSA is part of this, I would send in the completed application so our Energy Company Obligation (ECO) team can check and let you know. They usually reply within 5 working days.

Hope it works out for you lucinad.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure