IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal Letter of claim Premier Parking Solutions

Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it was one I'd understand but I have 9.

We see this often when people fail to read signs. So when the letters come, it is a prompt to go and check them. If you have parked after getting the first letter there is little excuse. Those collect before the first letter are fair game to defend.

So how many before and how many after the first letter.
  • MzBerry
    MzBerry Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2018 at 12:54PM
    Options
    We see this often when people fail to read signs. So when the letters come, it is a prompt to go and check them. If you have parked after getting the first letter there is little excuse. Those collect before the first letter are fair game to defend.

So how many before and how many after the first letter.

I don't know if you understand. I went back home to 2 weeks worth of post. This is why I did not see any letters until then. It is not like they have sent multiple letters on the same date so I cannot argue that. I simply was not at home to see these letters until 2 weeks later. They had all turned up by then.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    with the right judge on the right day, it may be enough.

You can put that to any judge should it go to a claim. It will all be down to the judge on the day. You are entitled to defend yourself and entitled to know what the risks are. It depends on your appetite for risk.

To balance that, there is risk on their side too but they may feel 9 tickets is worth pursuing. You just have to sit and wait to see if a claim comes.
  • MzBerry
    Options
    You can put that to any judge should it go to a claim. It will all be down to the judge on the day. You are entitled to defend yourself and entitled to know what the risks are. It depends on your appetite for risk.

To balance that, there is risk on their side too but they may feel 9 tickets is worth pursuing. You just have to sit and wait to see if a claim comes.

But I should still respond to letter of claim?
  • MzBerry
    Options
    Every forum I've looked on etc has said do not name driver, I've held out this long for me to go to court and say oh yes it was me and I just didn't know? I feel I'd more than likely get told I'd have to pay them for the amount of time I've gone back and forth with BW Legal/PPS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure