Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I competed that 3 part National Buying Surveys 1-3 - 1500 points a while back. It said that the points would be added in10 working days. Just before that date arrived the site went offline. Now finally I can log on and see surprise surprise that these points have not been added. Instead it still shows that survey as yet to do! And when I clicked on it the message said survey finished! As it took ages to go through those 3 parts will be most annoyed if I don't get the points. Contacting them in the past has always been a slow and pointless experience!

I checked mysurvey account last night and there was a 1000pts credit on my account.
    When i looked at it i was given the points yesterday but the Ref: No's didn't mean anything to me as i was expectint 1500pts for the NBS.
    Sent an email and the reply was that was all i was getting as i didn't do all 3 survey's but i did. Explained this in another email and the reply was that the points were for the 2 survey's as the 3rd was not completed but i was told by mysurvey that it was but they were waiting for the survey's to be checked by some other company before mysurvey will pay out.
    I argued the point again in an email that you have to do all 3 surveys to get the 1500 points and the reply was i was given the points as a goodwill gesture and that is that and goodbye.
    A 1000pts are better than none but not the 1500pts i wanted for doing the surveys.
    Has anybody else been paid out yet?
  • Lokolo_2
    Lokolo_2 Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    Has anybody else been paid out yet?

I seemed to get my points for that one eventually but the issue now seems to be redeeming rewards, for the past 3 weeks I have been trying to redeem points but there is always an error where it says to contact customer service. I have done that twice now and they say there is an issue with the site and they do not have an ETA for when it will work again! :mad:
  • Debtfreemooo
    Options
    Are there any paid survey websites that you conpleteva profile then are only shown surveys that for you and don’t screen out out after spending five minutes answers each one ? Like on prolific all those that you are shown you are 100% eligible for.

Thanks
  • Ivana_B_Rich
    Options
    Are there any paid survey websites that you conpleteva profile then are only shown surveys that for you and don’t screen out out after spending five minutes answers each one ? Like on prolific all those that you are shown you are 100% eligible for.

Thanks

Pinecone, Testable Minds and YouGov are the only others that I know of.

Beyond those it's pretty hit and miss unfortunately.
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target :D

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • greengiant00
    Options
    Really good guide. Thanks Jenny
  • mrsyardbroom
    Options
    I've found Branded Surveys really good. I only signed up a few weeks ago and have already cashed out three times. I go to the site several times a day and check for surveys. It's no good relying on the emails as the surveys are already closed by the time you get the notificaton .
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • mrsyardbroom
    Options
    Having posted the above I've just completed one of the longest and most boring surveys I've ever done only to be told, "this survey is closed."
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • DevilsMoJo
    Options
    Has anyone received Mindmover surveys about the food and drink eaten yesterday and been able to complete them? I always get screened out for not having a dietary restriction or allergy
  • olliebean
    Options
    I haven't been credited for any surveys I've done with NewVistaLive for five months. When I contacted them about this, they said they were aware of the problem and it would be resolved as soon as possible, but that was three months ago and it seems an unreasonably long time to take to resolve such a problem. I've been continuing to do surveys in good faith having been told it would be fixed, keeping track of the points myself and have definitely earned enough now for a £50 payout. I've contacted them again and will see what they say this time. Has anyone else been having similar problems with them?
  • olliebean
    Options
    olliebean wrote: »
    I haven't been credited for any surveys I've done with NewVistaLive for five months. When I contacted them about this, they said they were aware of the problem and it would be resolved as soon as possible, but that was three months ago and it seems an unreasonably long time to take to resolve such a problem. I've been continuing to do surveys in good faith having been told it would be fixed, keeping track of the points myself and have definitely earned enough now for a £50 payout. I've contacted them again and will see what they say this time. Has anyone else been having similar problems with them?

A quick follow-up to this: they got back to me saying if I sent them the IDs of the surveys they would credit me manually. Luckily I've kept track of the surveys I've completed since I realised there was a problem, so I was able to send them most of the IDs. But that was a week ago, and I've yet to hear back from them or be credited for any of the surveys. I'm going to keep chasing them up about it because there's £50 at stake. But they're still not crediting me for new surveys, and this is too much hassle if I have to go through it every time I'm due for a payout. I've had good returns from them in the past, but I'm giving them up as a lost cause even if I do get the £50 I'm due. I definitely can't recommend them the way things stand at the moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback