Working the numbers 2019 style

Options

Comments

• Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taking your lead I am off to do some targets in my own diary
    As we are moving soon I really need some money towards heating oil and a removals van
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have looked at my SOA - and was going to publish but MSE is not letting me post anything remotely complicated. So as a taster here are some observations
    • shopping (covering 6 grown ups in the house) - already a target area
    • car costs only cover myself and OH - kids pay their own way mainly - happy with these especially when I can get loan paid off - were new 3 years ago and will be kept to retirement
    • mobiles covers 5 contracts - 2 personal and 3 for kids - all up for renewal by May and will tackle as they fall due
    • insurance is high but we had limited options this year - looking to improve in Jan and June
    I will try again to publish the SOA - but will give MSE some time to sort itself out. Some new web application feature that is a touch sensitive

Cheers - will be quiet from tomorrow as we are off visiting new in-laws in-waiting and probably won't get online until 2019
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    edited 30 December 2018 at 8:42AM
    Options
    EDIT: SOA redacted

since posting no activity on the thread - so it feels like I farted in church and no one will talk to me for a breach of etiquette. Not being churlish (or not intentionally so), just wasn't really a catharsis as I kind of know most of my weakspots and if its off putting to others then I wouldn't want to exclude anyone)

so I will work on my weakspots (see post above) and just continue
  • mark55man
    Options
    There you go - not sure what was going on, but had to cut and paste so many times its got a bit unformatted
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Hi mark88

Good to see you with your own diary. I find it very cathartic updating regularly and it keeps me focussed. I love targets and lists and yours will definitely keep you on track for 2019. Looking forward to seeing you smash the debt!
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • mark55man
    Options
    SO up early this morning as there was fire alarm at the Youth Hostel (I'm no youth by the way!) we are holidaying with some friends (in the next door pod). All self catering and focussing on walking and other free actvities so won't cost more than £250 (mostly paid last year) +£80 petrol both ways for 4 nights (the pod sleeps 4, but DS2 decided he didn't want to come which is a shame but also OK)

going to do new years eve in St Ives which is a fair distance but I don't mind not drinking and is my favorite UK holiday spot (except in the summer)
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely time!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    I love St Ives, hope you have a great time!
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year , I didn't realise you had started your own diary , welcome aboard . Hope St Ives has been good to you.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Happy New Year. How glamorous to start the new year in St Ives :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills