Calor Heat Cube

Options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXRUAS8A6g8

They were selling these in Morrisons, it said cheaper than electric.
I guess gas is cheaper, but is bottled gas cheaper.
Fumes? How much ventilation would be needed?

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Portable gas heaters have been around for ages and I suppose Morrisons will have some data to back their cost claims. The amount of air leakage into a typical house would probably be sufficient to cope with the combustion, just like with gas rings, but I'd still fit a CO detector with one of these.

What they won't tell you is how much water the heater produces ...100% more than electric heaters. Therefore, more condensation is guaranteed.
  • sevenhills
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    What they won't tell you is how much water the heater produces ...100% more than electric heaters. Therefore, more condensation is guaranteed.

Gas in general, why would gas 'produce' more water?
  • nofoollikeold
    Options
    Hydrogen in gas combines with oxygen when burned, by product is water (steam) among others.
    Electric heating doesn't burn anything at the point of heating. Lots of gas / coal / oil burned to produce electricity unless nuclear or renewable.
  • that
    that Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    in the first two seconds of the video, it shows you how the cylinder slots in, so only calor bottes can be used - think they learned this trick from ink printer manufacturers

goggle and you find bottle gas is very expensive, especially the small/medium bottles. The big outside tank is the way to go :), but still more expensive than mains gas often my multiple factors. Think or that size bottle will be about £20 for a night or possibly two but ymmv
    https://www.lowcostliving.co.uk/1331/save-money-on-lpg-how-we-saved-over-1000-on-our-gas-supply/

they do not look like much, but the LP13 Sealey Space Warmer works - ebay
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    Gas in general, why would gas 'produce' more water?
    Hydrogen in gas combines with oxygen when burned, by product is water (steam) among others.
    Electric heating doesn't burn anything at the point of heating.

Errr...what he ^ said! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport