Universal Credit switch number

Options
Good afternoon everybody.

On November 27th I started the process to switch from the live service of Universal Credit to the full service. However I have a query and I’m having trouble contacting the correct avenue. I don’t have a work coach anymore (which is part of the problem) so nobody has managed to look at the (numerous) messages left on my journal. This means my only outlet is by phone. I’ve tried calling both the full and live numbers, and been told by both to call the switch number at 08003287844 before they hang up on me. I’ve repeatedly tried calling the number, and each time the phoneline goes dead after about a minute.
Has anybody else had trouble with the switch number, or has anybody got any advice for what to do next?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• theronstar
    Options
    When you started the transition from Live to Full Service, what caused it?

As far as I knew, the DWP were only going to send "call to action" letters, to Live claimants as of 2019.

Is your 'Live' claim closed? Is a 'Full' claim open?

I am trying to figure out where exactly you are.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think transfer of claimants from 'live' service to 'full' service (possibly I should be putting service inside the quote marks in an ironic manner) starts 3 months after a postcode become a full service area. Claimants get a 'Call to Action' letter which they need to act on because if they don't within the required timetable their claim will close.

Ridiculously claimants have to provide proof of identity, rent paid etc all over again.

Unfortunately in response to the question raised I have no suggestions. Is it possible you could get to your local JobCentre to see if they can help.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wonder if you might be better making the call to the UC helpline from a different phone number? This would override the DWP's system of switching calls to the usual call-handler, which sounds as though it is failing in your case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure