Private and confidential papers

Options

Comments

• simon2018
    simon2018 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all.

I have complained against her before and the findings were my words against his. I was offered a move
    to another office 30 miles from home and I said no. Things improved for a short wile but built up again
    anf other co workers have noted that I'm being bullied but to scared to say so.

This time I have about 20 recored events and time when he tried to bully me and who was present. Information about this email and can be traced. Three people that come into the office for meetings that appraoced me and asked me why I was being treated like that, ie manager speaking down to me. Though I did not ask for their consent, I have dated, timed what they said and named them.

My papers went missing once. As I never move anyhting off my desk, cabinets out of the office I can only conclude it wher my manager.

Thanks
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    simon2018 wrote: »
    I hate this manager as she is a bully, bullied the others to an extent, but lot less.

Hate is a destructive emotion that will end up eating away at every fibre of your being. For your own good you need to change your mindset or this situation will consume you.

I do understand your position however pick your battles with care, there’s no mileage in this exercise if your end game is to see your manager sacked, it ain’t going to happen unless your employer is looking to exit her out the door anyway.

Document situations as and when and look to others to be likeminded for support.

As much as it sticks in your craw, consider building bridges and improve your working relationship.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The gender of this manager keeps changing, has anyone else noticed?
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This situation seems to be consuming you. It sounds to me like the best thing you can do is resign and get another job.

Think about where you want to be in 6 months time. Happily employed in a new job? Or still off sick venting about your manager?

It doesn't matter how many 'recorded incidents' you have, it is extremely unlikely that your manager will get sacked. The best revenge is moving on with your life.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »

Yes but then the OP's grammar and typing skills don't seem to be very good so I put it down to that.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »

Yes, maybe the OP has a thing against trans people?
    Thank you all.

I have complained against her before and the findings were my words against ]his. I was offered a move
    to another office 30 miles from home and I said no. That sounds like a mistakeThings improved for a short wile but built up again
    anf other co workers have noted that I'm being bullied but to scared to say so.Or have pacified you to try to make you feel better and in reality don't want to get involved?

This time I have about 20 recored events and time when he tried to bully me and who was present. Information about this email and can be traced. Three people that come into the office for meetings that appraoced me and asked me why I was being treated like that, ie manager speaking down to me. Though I did not ask for their consent, I have dated, timed what they said and named them.

My papers went missing once. As I never move anyhting off my desk, cabinets out of the office I can only conclude it wher my manager. And therein lies the solution - anyone could have moved your papers - a cleaner, a colleague, someone hotdesking, and even if it was your manager I would expect them to be entitled to do it if you've been told to keep your desk clear but don't.

Thanks

You see monsters and conspiracies where there are none. Your biggest problem is inside your own head and until you resolve that you are going to remain one very unhappy person - I was going to say employee but they way you behave I expect you not to be employed much longer.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    Hate is a destructive emotion that will end up eating away at every fibre of your being. For your own good you need to change your mindset or this situation will consume you.

I do understand your position however pick your battles with care, there’s no mileage in this exercise if your end game is to see your manager sacked, it ain’t going to happen unless your employer is looking to exit her out the door anyway.

Document situations as and when and look to others to be likeminded for support.

As much as it sticks in your craw, consider building bridges and improve your working relationship.

I agree with this post.

If you try and see things in a different light, you quickly realise that the other person is just a fellow human being doing a job. They have their own set of ambitions, desires, quirks, likes and dislikes. Maybe you are chalk and cheese, rubbing each other the wrong way but in reality you do have sort of acclimatize and adapt a bit, more so when THEY are in charge!

OP, if you were to get another job you do realise that the sort of boss you get is a bit of pot luck?! You could actually end up with a WORSE boss than the one you've got! It could be better mind you, that's the risk you take. And that's discounting the possibility that YOU precipitate most of the issues (which seems likely).

By all means go for it here, put in a complaint and maybe also contact the ICO. Just be mindful that your job is at risk right now, even if that involves being subtly managed out (and even if you don't think so right now)! The adage "pick your battles" rings true and, even if you've pushed a bit too far in the past (what you seem to be doing now), it can GENERALLY be repairable as long as you haven't crossed that final line! So if you wanted to change your tune and try and be more amicable with your boss then you *may* fare inherently better!

Good luck like, but I think you should be focusing most of your energy on either of the following two right now:

1. Repairing relationships with manager

2. Seeking a new job

I'll finish my post with the exact same phrase as my last post:

"This all just seems like a prelude to universal credit and 6 months off work due to stress."
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    Thank you all.

I have complained against her before and the findings were my words against his. I was offered a move
    to another office 30 miles from home and I said no. Things improved for a short wile but built up again
    anf other co workers have noted that I'm being bullied but to scared to say so.

My papers went missing once. As I never move anyhting off my desk, cabinets out of the office I can only conclude it wher my manager.

Thanks

Are you on about the same person? you keep saying He/She/Her/His.

My advice is the same advice as the last thread, You can put your story across your way which may be correct but they will put across their story.

Just because people agree with you doesn't make it a instant win.

As for Private and Confidential it doesn't seem out the ordinary for people within the company to process such data if they have a specific purpose too.

Even people below pay grades can process employee data (I.E Accounts teams processing CEO salary or sick pay)

You are repeatedly clutching at weak straws to try and get some form of revenge when you could channel all this energy into finding a new job that makes you happy.

Also slight edit if you continue to have absences you could find yourself unemployed due to repeated absence and they will have won.
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • Cheeky_Monkey
    Cheeky_Monkey Posts: 2,072 Forumite
    Options
    My money is on the OP getting sacked rather than the manager!
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I'm not so sure. What I read (possibly) is that the OP had a previous grievance against the mgr for confidentiality which wasn't upheld because it was one person's word against another's. The manager (sex irrelevant - it may be that the OP is just disguising details) has now been stupid enough to breach confid again (possibly...) and this time the OP has proof. Is that how it is, OP?
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure