IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

my draft defence Gladstones - PCM Court action

Options

Comments

• Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    And complain to the BPA/IPC (whichever is the relevant one)
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    any news sassii? have you done what bargepole suggested? You could try writing to them to say that payment is overdue and you will be taking further steps if payment is not received within 3 working days (and say what this date is - eg if you were to send today you'd be expecting payment by Wed 15th if you allow one day for the letter to arrive). That's worked for others in the past, and saves you the trouble of taking further action (although using the bailiffs is easy, they do it all for you and add on/recover their exorbitant costs too so this will end up costing the Claimant more than £2k!)
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Sassii
    Sassii Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    any news sassii?

I was too busy in work but really I would like to put that CCJ recorded in their credit score but don't know if that will be automatically recorded or I have to ask for that as they didn't pay the debt?. any advise please.

Regards
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The record is made if you say it isn’t paid, I believe

You need to take steps to recover it.
  • Sassii
    Options
    Hi All again

PCM sent set aside application to court just one day before payment deadline date. am I still can force the payment through dcbl.

Regards
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    am I still can force the payment through dcbl.

Wouldn't advise it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sassii wrote: »
    PCM sent set aside application to court just one day before payment deadline date.
    Oh dear, what does the application say - it's an appeal against the decision on what grounds?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sassii
    edited 13 November 2017 at 9:40PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Oh dear, what does the application say - it's an appeal against the decision on what grounds?

I don't know I just called the court to be sure they didn't appeal and the court office said they received set aside application and I need to wait up to the judge send the direction.

Really they missed to pay the court fees & they missed the date & never send WS so I'm surprise in what base they think they have a chance to appeal after their unreasonable & disrespect behave.
  • Sooo (subject to the vagaries of small claims procedures)...

They had 21 days to appeal, but appear to have lodged it on day 14 to avoid having to pay. So far, so sensible.

That would mean that if they served an appellants notice within 7 days of lodging the appeal (as they must) you'd have had it on 7/11/17. You have been prejudiced by your inability to file a skelly objecting to the grounds of appeal.
  • Sassii
    Options
    Johnersh wrote: »
    Sooo (subject to the vagaries of small claims procedures)...

They had 21 days to appeal, but appear to have lodged it on day 14 to avoid having to pay. So far, so sensible.

That would mean that if they served an appellants notice within 7 days of lodging the appeal (as they must) you'd have had it on 7/11/17. You have been prejudiced by your inability to file a skelly objecting to the grounds of appeal.

Make it simple for me please, I didn't understand any thing.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport