Lowell and shop direct default

Options
I am wondering if anyone out there can help? I have found a default in my credit report from Lowell from November 2016. The problem I have and am trying to fight is the date of the default.
Firstly I went into arrears in October 2015, I may a few token payments to shop direct December 15, Jan- March 2016. I contacted Lowell and shop direct to dispute the date of the default. They have come back all with different dates:
Default sum notices Oct & November 2015
Token payments to shop direct Dec15, Jan – march 2016
October 2016 shop direct delete account from credit file
Default issued by Lowell 2/11/16
Date of assignment according to Lowell 4/11/16 noticed me 17/11/16
Date of assignment according to shop direct 7/11/16

Both Lowell & shop direct are batting it back to the other! Making it difficult to challenge. Last night I sent proof to Lowell that shop direct did not issue a default to my credit report as they had already deleted my account before the default & assignment. Today they email back making reference to shop direct Littlewoods when it was in fact a Very account! They have also searched my credit file too today, which I find wrong since I have settled the debt a few weeks ago.

What are my chances of getting the date on the default changed or deleted full stop?

I have emailed the CEO of Lowell as Lowell will not provide me with any proof that Very defaulted my credit report or proof that they are entitled to my data.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 December 2017 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Hi,

I have moved your post to a new thread, tagging on to other people’s threads just causes confusion, hopefully you will get more responses.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Whytetwns
    Options
    where is it moved to
    i have fought these companies with successful
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Whytetwns wrote: »
    where is it moved to
    i have fought these companies with successful

The post you have replied too above.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If both parties are giving you the run around then take it further than them
  • sourcrates
    Options
    According to what you have said, a default was not registered by shop direct, only by Lowell, after they had purchased the debt.

So Lowell have done nothing wrong here, except the date should be backdated to when you were first in difficulty, they have issued the default as the original creditor failed to do so.

Your main dispute is with shop direct, and it will hinge upon why they did not default you after more than a year of token payments.

Guidance states a default can be registered after between 3-6 missed contracted payments, so no longer than six months, so the default should of been registered anytime up to April 2016.

Written complaint to shop direct informing them they have not followed due diligence and have failed to default your account, when they should of done, CC a copy to Lowell as the date on that default should be backdated by at least six months.

If you still hit a brick wall, then escalate your complaint to the ICO.
  • jo1982
    jo1982 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your help, I have emailed complaints today, will keep you posted.
  • jo1982
    jo1982 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I just thought I would update you on the default that I asked about a while back that had been place by Lowell for a very shopdirect account. Today I have recieved an email to say they are deleting the default and they have offered £100 compensation which is a bonus. I have just checked my credit report and it has already been deleted even though they said it can take 10 days. I am thrilled to bits as this has just help me move towards the mortgage I am looking to get. Don’t give up everyone!
  • User281212
    Options
    Hi, i know this is an older thread but was wondering what you said to Lowell's complaints team to have the default removed.

Also, when the default was removed from your credit score was there an improvement to your score?

Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It will depend on what your complaint is. What is the issue?
    User281212 wrote: »

Also, when the default was removed from your credit score was there an improvement to your score?

Don't worry about the score. It will drop when the default comes off, but no one will ever see it apart from you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure