• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What were you arguing about?
  • Brian19
    Brian19 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    It states this in there terms and conditions 1 We may transfer our rights under this agreement. If we do so, we give you notice of the person to whom we transfer our rights.
    My argument is they never told me that they had transferred it to goldman knightly. They said they would have told me. I said if you can proof it by sending me the letter you are saying that you sent out that's fine. The guy said he couldn't do this. I got a text from goldman knightly on the 17th April asking me to send I'd in as they had an update on the ppi they were dealing with. I didn't have a clue who they were so I phoned them and money reclaim experts to see who they were. I have the exact call times on my phone. So if I had been given notice that these people had taken over my claim I wouldn't have needed to phone up and ask who they were
  • Legal_Ombudsman
    Legal_Ombudsman Posts: 79 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Brian19 wrote: »
    I've just read there terms and conditions and website and it states they can pass my details onto 3rd Parties or work with 3rd Parties but have to give me written notice which they didnt

Hi Brian19,

If you are not happy with the service provided by your claims management company you can complain to them and make it clear that it is a formal complaint. They have eight weeks to respond to this complaint. If they respond before the eight weeks and you remain unhappy, or they fail to respond within this time, then you can bring your complaint to us.

We'd be happy to discuss this in more detail with you if you could give us a call 0300 555 0333 or email [EMAIL="cmc@legalombudsman.org.uk"]cmc@legalombudsman.org.uk[/EMAIL]
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • Brian19
    Brian19 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant thankyou what time do.you close at
  • Legal_Ombudsman
    Legal_Ombudsman Posts: 79 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Brian19 wrote: »
    Brilliant thankyou what time do.you close at

Our phone lines are open 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • wolvesmat
    wolvesmat Posts: 18 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    About 6-8 weeks ago I responded to an internet ad from uclaim4me offering a FREE PPI check.
    I filled the very basic form just asking name address and contact details.
    So receiving no aknowledgement of filling the form. No email no texts no phone call no letters no questionnaires to fill in and certainly no contracts to sign in fact absolutely no correspondence of any description from anyone whatsoever regarding PPI.
    After 2 weeks of hearing nothing I had come to the conclusion that as it was a FREE PPI check either they had found nothing or the online form never went through properly. As I said I'd received no acknowledgment of the original form.
    Also as my intentions were only to Cary out a check as I'd never use a claims company to charge me 30% to make a phone call or put a stamp on a letter. And I'd recently strongly advised my brother against them.
    I thought I would approach barclays bank myself .
    I went on barclays ppi complaint web pages and filled the forms out. Within a week they wrote to me requesting further information so I phoned them up and gave them the extra info. Although as the claim was from back in 1997 there was no security questions set up so they couldn't release details to me at the time saying I would need to pop into a local branch with photo ID and evidence of my address to set up the security on the claim.
    So I went to my local branch with the ID and all was good.
    I called back the barclays ppi line and gave them the missing details they required.
    After another week I received a letter from Barclays saying that they had falsely sold me PPI on my overdraft and I would be entitled to a refund .And the claim had been passed on to the refunds department to calculate the amount I would be entitled to.
    A day later received another letter from Barclays saying that they where also investigating a ppi payment on a further 2 loans. One of the loans was confirmed that there was a mis selling that I would be refunded for but they needed further details again from me for the 2nd loan.
    So back making my 5th call to barclays I gave them even more details.
    So the good news later that week I received a letter from Barclays regarding my overdraft and they had calculated my refund due to be £1020
    Minus deductions and with this letter was a check for £969 .
    So feeling quite pleased with myself I popped to my bank to deposit a cheque for nearly a grand with happy expectations knowing that I've got possibly another 2 payments still to come.

I'll get to the point now. 2 days after depositing my cheque I received the first and only correspondence from uclaim4me after 8 weeks of nothing at all I get an invoice from them " for all their efforts and services " in claiming my ppi refund. As agreed In the "signed contract"
    They are asking for a total of £450 !!
    Which breaks down to 33% of the total refund before tax and other deductions, 20% VAT and a £10 admin fee. Practically half of the amount I actually received.
    As I've mentioned I've received absolutely nothing from uclaim4me whatsoever and signed no contracts with them or anybody.
    I never spoke with anyone or agreed with anyone to represent me or claim on my behalf.
    So where do I stand legally to refuse their demands.
    Not just the fact of me not making any arrangements with them I strongly disagree with the services they claim to be invoicing me for as it was me that did all the legwork taking id to the bank and chasing all the phone calls. Plus the fact that barclays would not even discuss anything of the matter till they where satisfied that I could prove who I was so I don't know what they would be able to discuss on my behalf. Barclays even told me that the details had to come from myself and they would only disclose much of the information directly with me. Leaving me to the conclusion that if uclaim4me provided barclays with any information would possibly have been fraudulent.
    That said, what possible services does that leave that uclaim4me could have actually carried out let alone think that it warrants a charge of £450.

I know it's a long post I just wanted to make sure that I covered as many details as possible.
    I will really feel let down by the legal system if I can be liable for a contract that I never signed .
    Thanks in advance
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ask to see a signed contract.
    wolvesmat wrote: »
    That said, what possible services does that leave that uclaim4me could have actually carried out let alone think that it warrants a charge of £450.

That's irrelevant. All claims companies do exactly the same thing - write down your complaint and put it in the post.

You're not paying for workload - you're buying a stamp.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wolvesmat wrote: »
    I know it's a long post I just wanted to make sure that I covered as many details as possible.
    This is now your third post about this.

Each one has received the same answers.

Any reason why you are subtly changing some of the details each time?

Different redress amounts and fees, for example;
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74344969
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74364412

I suggest you read the responses you've already received before posting again.
  • caitysmomma
    Options
    I instructed a CMC to look into mis-sold PPI over a year ago. One of my claims came back as rejected and when I spoke to my account manager at the CMC I was advised that they would be appealing this decision as they felt that the rejection was unreasonable. Long story short - over a year down the line I have discovered that the CMC did not appeal the rejection within the 6 month deadline and the company are now, quite rightly, refusing to reconsider the case.
    Over the past year I have inquired with the CMC about this appeal repeatedly, initially being told that it was in a queue for appeal (they were too busy dealing with other cases to do it right away) then being told that they had appealed the case and it had been rejected once again. The CMC tried claiming the same company again, this time for commission rather than PPI, and I have received a letter saying that the initial PPI claim was never appealed. So basically the CMC have failed to do the job I employed them for, and then also lied to try to cover up their mistake. Is there anything I can do about this?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I instructed a CMC to look into mis-sold PPI over a year ago. One of my claims came back as rejected and when I spoke to my account manager at the CMC I was advised that they would be appealing this decision as they felt that the rejection was unreasonable. Long story short - over a year down the line I have discovered that the CMC did not appeal the rejection within the 6 month deadline and the company are now, quite rightly, refusing to reconsider the case.
    Over the past year I have inquired with the CMC about this appeal repeatedly, initially being told that it was in a queue for appeal (they were too busy dealing with other cases to do it right away) then being told that they had appealed the case and it had been rejected once again. The CMC tried claiming the same company again, this time for commission rather than PPI, and I have received a letter saying that the initial PPI claim was never appealed. So basically the CMC have failed to do the job I employed them for, and then also lied to try to cover up their mistake. Is there anything I can do about this?

Make a formal complaint to the CMC. If you dont like their response, then you can go to the Legal Ombudsman.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure