Which IFISA would you recommend?

Options
2»

Comments

• keyboardworrier
    Options
    For income VHYL (https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/v/vanguard-funds-plc-ftse-world-high-div-yld) maybe worth considering, it's well diversified worldwide and the yield is 3.35% currently. Ongoing charge 0.29%. I am considering investing in this fund using IWEB.

For P2P Assetz Capital may be worth putting a small amount in, currently they are running a bonus offer details here https://www.assetzcapital.co.uk/promo/christmas-cracker-summer-holiday-cashback/tscs
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For income VHYL (https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/v/vanguard-funds-plc-ftse-world-high-div-yld) maybe worth considering, it's well diversified worldwide and the yield is 3.35% currently. Ongoing charge 0.29%. I am considering investing in this fund using IWEB

Are you not put off by the lacklustre total return? That yield has been at the expense of capital growth.

Alex
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    Are you not put off by the lacklustre total return? That yield has been at the expense of capital growth.

Alex

The thing with looking at capital growth, is that this is only paper only profit unless you cash in.

So if you are looking at income, then yield needs to be a factor too.

As a general point, I've seen a lot of capital growth in many of my H-L holdings in my SIPP. Some by over 100% in the space of 2 years. That concerns me, as its unrealistic growth - nothing fundamental has changed in that period to warrant it, I suspect most 'growth' was due to money piling in due to record low interest rates and magic money tree money. Growth is good if it's genuine growth, but I don't think much of it over the last few years is.
  • keyboardworrier
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »

Alex
    I would be quite comfortable holding it for yield (especially considering the low OCF when held with a platform such as Iweb) , for capital growth potential it may be better to invest elsewhere
  • silvasands
    Options
    You might try Abundance. I have quite a bit invested in different green projects. Some have long terms(16/17yrs) and some shorter..around a couple of years. They also have a trade floor where you can sell some of your holdings or buy others..all within an Innovative ISA umbrella. The returns are favourable and far better than the cash ISA returns.
    I also invest in Funding Circle , Lending Works and Triodas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure