PPI (or similar product) Catalogue companies

Options
I know its rather late in the day but it came to me that my wife was using various online catalogues (such as Grattans, Empire Stores, Witt International, Damart etc) some years back I happened to glance at a statement and saw she was paying for what was effectively PPI (I cannot recall which it was, it may have been more than one)

So I got her to cancel it, but didn't get any refund for a worthless product as she was not working so couldn't claim anything, they just added it without telling her

I tried to go via Resolver but it doesn't list them as a financial institution (as they are not one) so cannot proceed that way

Is it worth trying to go down this line or am I wasting my time

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is it worth trying to go down this line or am I wasting my time

Go down what "line"? Clearly Resolver cannot send "complaints" to institutions they have no agreement with.

In addition, you want to send a "complaint" about an insurance product you have a a vague memory may or may not be PPI. Hardly compelling. Not all insurance was PPI and not even all PPI was mis-sold. Your description sounds more like CPP.

You now have less than twelve hours to make this "complaint". I therefore suggest you attempt to send it direct to the companies concerned if you can so late in the day...
  • joe_bloggs1
    Options
    Thanks for the snotty reply

As you will see from my initial post, I said I could not put a PPI claim to someone who is not a financial institution

We mere mortals who do not deal with financial products all the time do not know what they were called or what to do about them, hence the question

I have no idea what CPP is

All I know is that she was charged for what amounted to PPI and they stopped charging when I discovered it

So my question being is it worth even trying, by the sounds of it and reading a few similar posts found on similar subjects its not

Go down what "line"? Clearly Resolver cannot send "complaints" to institutions they have no agreement with.

In addition, you want to send a "complaint" about an insurance product you have a a vague memory may or may not be PPI. Hardly compelling. Not all insurance was PPI and not even all PPI was mis-sold. Your description sounds more like CPP.

You now have less than twelve hours to make this "complaint". I therefore suggest you attempt to send it direct to the companies concerned if you can so late in the day...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    I have no idea what CPP is
    The CPP refund scheme was wound up in 2014. It was not "effectively" PPI I'm afraid.

Only PPI is PPI and only CPP was CPP.

As I said, not all insurance was PPI and not even all PPI was mis-sold.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    Options
    You've got six and a half hours to go d the correct company and hope that their website is not overwhelmed by last minute complaint to submit yours.
    Google it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • joe_bloggs1
    Options
    Thank you

I have already put in claims for PPI with the financial institutions I have dealt with

This was a late realisation that my wife was charged for what I naively thought was PPI on her club books, but the previous reply said it wasn't PPI but something else and that ship has sailed in 2014 apparently

So I have done all I can as far as I can see

-taff wrote: »
    You've got six and a half hours to go d the correct company and hope that their website is not overwhelmed by last minute complaint to submit yours.
    Google it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport