No PPI form email acknowledgement from Halifax, Lloyd's

Options
Hi

I've completed PPI forms for a number of the main banks, yet have not had any response acknowledging receipt other than the submitted Web page at the end of completing the online forms.

Had nothing yet after 2 weeks from

Halifax
Lloyd's
Natwest

Is the submitted page at the end of their online forms good enough that it's been received and will be processed, or should I be worried not to have received an email or letter confirmation yet?

Others have given me a reference (by phone) or I've had letters confirming its being looked at.

Thanks

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Phone each of them and ask if they have your Complaints logged on their system.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Jetters
    Jetters Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Phone each of them and ask if they have your Complaints logged on their system.
    I raised a complaint with Black horse on line weeks ago and because I had no acknowledgement sent documents in the post 14/8/19 phoned them on 20/8/19 "we are currently dealing with a huge backlog should receive acknowledgement within a couple of weeks" phoned again today they still couldn't acknowledge receipt of documents or complaint! However I do have proof of posting and will if need be escalate my complaint to the ombudsman. Not sure if this helps! but you're not the only one.:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jetters wrote: »
    you're not the only one.:)
    If the end of the CPP refund scheme in 2014 is anything to go by, this forum will still be busy for months after Friday...
  • Jetters
    Jetters Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    If the end of the CPP refund scheme in 2014 is anything to go by, this forum will still be busy for months after Friday...

I agree!:(
  • tosh41
    tosh41 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I also filled out the online complaints form for Lloyd’s with reference to some 1990’s historical ppi on a Visa card which I still have the statements for, and like you I also have yet to receive any acknowledgement that my complaint has been received.

It’s just stupid that on the complaint form you were only asked for your phone numbers and not your email address which would be the perfect way to acknowledge that the form had been received by themselves, I’m now thinking that I should of posted copies of the statements but could not find the appropriate complaint form or letter to use for this situation.

So I guess we just have to trust!
  • NX1977
    NX1977 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    tosh41 wrote: »
    I also filled out the online complaints form for Lloyd’s with reference to some 1990’s historical ppi on a Visa card which I still have the statements for, and like you I also have yet to receive any acknowledgement that my complaint has been received.

It’s just stupid that on the complaint form you were only asked for your phone numbers and not your email address which would be the perfect way to acknowledge that the form had been received by themselves, I’m now thinking that I should of posted copies of the statements but could not find the appropriate complaint form or letter to use for this situation.

So I guess we just have to trust!

The form I filled out asked for an email address. All the various forms I completed did, so surely a confirmation email could have been sent?

Trying to get info from those I've contacted is near impossible as they say they can't confirm online submissions, only log new claims.

It's as if they want you to log online so it can be lost in a system glitch...
  • NX1977
    First Post
    Options
    Lloyds phone line simply hangs up after 3 hours. Been trying since 5pm last night.

What's the bets these online submissions go missing? Why couldn't they send an email acknowledgement of submission?

I bet half the callers are asking about already submitted claims!
  • NX1977
    First Post
    Options
    After trying again and being cut off again at the 2 hour mark I've redone the online PPI forms and photographed the complaint logged screens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure