Tesco drops price of Quality Street, Celebrations and more with many shoppers stocking up for Christ

Options
Tesco drops price of Quality Street, Celebrations and more with many shoppers stocking up for Christmas.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/tesco-drops-price-quality-street-16765168
If I ruled the world.......

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've gone off QS - we just end up with tins half full of the hard ones which stick to your teeth. And the tins (or plastics) are too small to save for keeping cakes in.
  • oldernonethewiser
    Options
    I know "Jesus Saves" but people saving sweets for Christ is new to me.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    I've gone off QS - we just end up with tins half full of the hard ones which stick to your teeth. And the tins (or plastics) are too small to save for keeping cakes in.

Its not the tins, its the bags according to the OP's link.

The large 400G share bags are currently on sale in-store and online for £2.50 and shoppers are taking advantage by stocking up for Christmas
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know "Jesus Saves" but people saving sweets for Christ is new to me.

'Jesus saves' but I tell you Kenny Dalglish netted the rebound every time!
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    Pretty smart marketing tbh - people will go in there to "buy for Christmas", eat the sweets then go back at Christmas time when it's full price... profit.
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • Trackpad
    Options
    I used to love the coffee cream quality street sweet. I don't want to think about how long ago they stopped making them!!!
  • youngie
    youngie Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The plastic drums/tubs are £4 at tesco
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Trackpad wrote: »
    I used to love the coffee cream quality street sweet. I don't want to think about how long ago they stopped making them!!!
    Sainsburys do their own chocolate tub and they do have coffee ones
  • Mansard
    Mansard Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quality Street chocolates are revolting. I thought they disappeared from shelves years ago. I honestly wouldn't stock up on them if they were free.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mansard wrote: »
    Quality Street chocolates are revolting. I thought they disappeared from shelves years ago. I honestly wouldn't stock up on them if they were free.
    If they were free I would probably distribute them at Halloween to put kids off chocolate for life. I like to do my bit to abate the obesity crisis :D

Said in jest, I don't think QS are too bad and judging by her reaction to the green triangle and orange octagon neither does my 4 yo niece.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure