Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Tesco drops price of Quality Street, Celebrations and more with many shoppers stocking up for Christ

New Post Advanced Search

Tesco drops price of Quality Street, Celebrations and more with many shoppers stocking up for Christ

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
14 replies 5.1K views
ChrisK....._3ChrisK....._3 Forumite
920 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
Tesco drops price of Quality Street, Celebrations and more with many shoppers stocking up for Christmas.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/tesco-drops-price-quality-street-16765168
If I ruled the world.......

Replies

• prowlaprowla Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone off QS - we just end up with tins half full of the hard ones which stick to your teeth. And the tins (or plastics) are too small to save for keeping cakes in.
  • oldernonethewiseroldernonethewiser Forumite
    703 posts
    500 Posts Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I know "Jesus Saves" but people saving sweets for Christ is new to me.
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prowla wrote: »
    I've gone off QS - we just end up with tins half full of the hard ones which stick to your teeth. And the tins (or plastics) are too small to save for keeping cakes in.

Its not the tins, its the bags according to the OP's link.

The large 400G share bags are currently on sale in-store and online for £2.50 and shoppers are taking advantage by stocking up for Christmas
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • NCC-1701NCC-1701 Forumite
    530 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I know "Jesus Saves" but people saving sweets for Christ is new to me.

'Jesus saves' but I tell you Kenny Dalglish netted the rebound every time!
  • JennyJukesJennyJukes Forumite
    314 posts
    100 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭
    Pretty smart marketing tbh - people will go in there to "buy for Christmas", eat the sweets then go back at Christmas time when it's full price... profit.
    Saving for:
    Emergency Fund: Complete :j
    House Deposit: On-Going
    Second-Hand Replacement Car: On-Going
    And whatever else the future brings... :)
  • I used to love the coffee cream quality street sweet. I don't want to think about how long ago they stopped making them!!!
  • youngieyoungie Forumite
    993 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    The plastic drums/tubs are £4 at tesco
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Trackpad wrote: »
    I used to love the coffee cream quality street sweet. I don't want to think about how long ago they stopped making them!!!
    Sainsburys do their own chocolate tub and they do have coffee ones
  • MansardMansard Forumite
    27 posts
    Quality Street chocolates are revolting. I thought they disappeared from shelves years ago. I honestly wouldn't stock up on them if they were free.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mansard wrote: »
    Quality Street chocolates are revolting. I thought they disappeared from shelves years ago. I honestly wouldn't stock up on them if they were free.
    If they were free I would probably distribute them at Halloween to put kids off chocolate for life. I like to do my bit to abate the obesity crisis :D

Said in jest, I don't think QS are too bad and judging by her reaction to the green triangle and orange octagon neither does my 4 yo niece.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!