Reply from Santander

Options
My wife had some store cards in the past but no longer have the paperwork. Found out that most are now covered by by Santander so filled in the on line request about six weeks ago and just got the reply which I find a little confusing.
It states "we have found the accounts shown in the table on the back of this letter".
in the table there are three account numbers with in the PPI column all have YES but no names of who the accounts were with.
The first two start 600005609 and the third starts 633128554.
Anyone know who these would have been and do I need to know the name of the issuer to complain to Santander or do I just use these account numbers they have supplied and the fact my wife was not working when she held these cards .
Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• The_squirrell
    Options
    You wont need to know the name of the issuer as Santander have identified that already. Just complain using the details provided and they will investigate.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My wife had some store cards in the past but no longer have the paperwork. Found out that most are now covered by by Santander so filled in the on line request about six weeks ago and just got the reply which I find a little confusing.
    It states "we have found the accounts shown in the table on the back of this letter".
    in the table there are three account numbers with in the PPI column all have YES but no names of who the accounts were with.
    The first two start 600005609 and the third starts 633128554.
    Anyone know who these would have been and do I need to know the name of the issuer to complain to Santander or do I just use these account numbers they have supplied and the fact my wife was not working when she held these cards .
    Thanks in advance for any help

The two account numbers you mention were issued by GE Capital Bank which is now owned by NewDay, however, Santander are handling the PPI issues, so that is who you complain to. The second number might relate to a House of Fraser card.
  • barnaclebill
    Options
    I did the on line complaint to Santander and they have now sent a letter that they do not think they are liable but as I said my wife was not working I need to send them proof of not working!
    How do you do that my wife has not worked since about 1974, she was not ill just a housewife the cards is question were taken out 2001 and 2002.
  • barnaclebill
    Options
    If I send my wifes national insurance number could they use that to check she had not worked?

these cards were taken out two to three years before her retirement date if she had been working.
    Finding it hard to think of a way to prove her not working since 1974.
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    Options
    If I send my wifes national insurance number could they use that to check she had not worked?

these cards were taken out two to three years before her retirement date if she had been working.
    Finding it hard to think of a way to prove her not working since 1974.
    How do you think that will help? Data protection will prevent that route working.
  • barnaclebill
    Options
    Thanks for your reply as to what won't work, how about an idea that will?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If she wasn't working she didn't pay national insurance contributions so you could go to the gov website and screenshot the years she didn't pay.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for your reply as to what won't work, how about an idea that will?

You asked a question and got the correct answer. Are we supposed to guess what answers you want?
  • barnaclebill
    Options
    Thanks to tafff's idea my wife got screenshots of her NI account showing no contributions for 29 years
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks to tafff's idea my wife got screenshots of her NI account showing no contributions for 29 years

Maybe also think of thanking foxtrotoscar too for helpfully pointing out the DPA issue you hadn't considered rather than being rude to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure