PPI should i claim

Options
Around 2007 I got into trouble paying numerous credit cards , I made token payments for a while until the credit card companies started to refuse them.
I stopped paying them all and they have now dropped off my credit history file.
I know that I had ppi on most of them , and also a thing called payment break on a Sky credit card.
Is it safe for me to claim these charges or will it be a sign of acknowledging these debts and they will go back on my credit file and I'll be in a mess ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you have valid complaint reasons, you can complain.

Any redress will be put towards your unpaid debts. If you use a claims company, you'll need to pay them from your own pocket as you won't get any money, so make sure you do it yourself.

If the debts are statute barred, they don't become unbarred.
  • Polly44
    Polly44 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 18 November 2018 at 2:47PM
    Options
    Thank you , someone i know has just had ppi back and they were in an iva with their debts but still have had ppi back
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Polly44 wrote: »
    Thank you , someone i know has just had ppi back and they were in an iva with their debts but still have had ppi back

In some cases that can happen if the IVA people don't want the money, similarly though it may be the lenders paid out without knowing about the IVA so that person should, if they haven't already, speak to the old IVA people and ensure they are entitled to keep the money else they might get a nasty bill down the line
  • Polly44
    Options
    Thank you for your help and advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills