Military Mutual for home insurance?

Options
Anyone got any experience of this relatively new entrant? I have a letter offering me "at least" £50 off my current insurer.
Thanks

Comments

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not heard of them but their June 2016 accounts are overdue.

June 2015 accounts show income of £6k and deficit over £9m. Would be interested to see their 2016 accounts.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Always take the save you at least £50 or whatever ££ with a large pinch of salt.

If you scroll down the comparison sites and find companies that are £100 dearer than everyone else then yes they probably can save you £50. But if your savvy and shop around then your unlikely for them to save you £50.

Cheapest is not always best though. Sometimes they are cheap for a reason, and you will find out if you ever need to claim.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Exactly hence me asking, with some things cheap is good, with others, insurance being one, having cheap insurance that doesn't pay out isnt the best money saving plan :D

Fwiw I've done a quote and they are £50 or so cheaper than my current insurer (L&G) who did deal with me fairly ona couple of claims a few years back so I may not bother.
  • Checkitout
    Options
    I am with Military Mutual for my home insurance. Last year we had to make a claim and found them really good. They were very understanding, and the clain was settled quite quickly and our premiums didn't go up this year. We were that impressed we are going to get a quote for car insurance when it's due.
  • Tony_F
    Tony_F Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I got a letter from Military Mutual offering 'Save at least £50 on your home insurance'. I've just got my renewal advice from L&G so went on line for a quote from MM, but it was £24 higher. I rang the MM & after much going over my details & after she talked to her manager she came back with her best offer that was £31 below my renewal quote. 'What about the at least £50 lower offer?' I asked. She said that in the small print it states 'Minimum premiums apply' & I'd hit those but she would offer their Plus level of cover at this price. I note that their underwriters are Builders Direct SA in Luxembourg & they don't have a Defaqto star rating.
    Any comments?
  • Clive_Rogers
    Options
    Some good info'n here. Caution very much needed as in most/all insurance quotes.
  • Keithfelicity
    Options
    The Military Mutual home insurance has saved me so much money it makes me a little nervous. I have never had to make a claim so welcome any feedback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure