One account = one user login = one account holder

Options
WE can login to our SHARED gmail account with as many usernames/passwords as we like
WE can also login into the same SHARED First Direct bank account with our individual logins

but we can't set up a JOINT utility account. This is because ALLLLLLLLLL utility companies are still living in the 80's and simply cannot think past
ONE ACCOUNT = ONE USER LOGIN = ONE ACCOUNT HOLDER
They simply do not GET that A COUPLE want to login to the one SHARED account with their own personal login and password????

Yes we can pay from a shared account and yes we can access using a shared password but they STILL only accept a single account holder and ONLY that person can Add/Delete/Amend the account

Anyone know of a utility company that are at least living in the 2000's?? Maybe even upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7
If I ruled the world.......

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your problem?
    Is gas is one name and elec another?

EDF allows you to have one login, and then you can add 1 account no. for gas and another for elec and possibly one at another address
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP wants the energy company to give him and his partner an account in joint names, with each named person on the account being given their own username and password b y which they can access the account.

I do not know of any energy company which offers this facility - given the way some of them invent ficticious usage, send extortionate bills, cannot make sense of their own smart meter readings, etc etc - such facility would seem beyond their resources or comprehension.

Also, what would be the outcome if the joint access partners parted and went their separate ways?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure