PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon All

Please put me down for £120 for May. My month runs with the calendar, so I!!!8217;ll still be over on April!!!8217;s Challenge for a bit longer, but I thought I!!!8217;d sign up now.

My grateful thanks to the lovely ladies who run the Grocery Challenges.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Will be starting on the 1st of May for this challenge, can I be put down for £300 again as it seems to be working for us!
    Thankooo for the thread and all the hard work put in :T
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello all. I'm aiming for 390 again this month and am convinced I will be close this time. Me, hubby, three little people and a dog x.
    29 days till next payday. No birthday teas and some washing and dishwasher tablets already in stock. Fourth time lucky. Let the challenge commence.
    8 pounds spent so far.
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd like to join in this month please. It's a 5 week month for me and I will be feeding myself, my 13 year old son (who is known as the House Troll - he used to be a house elf but he's a teenager now so.....) and two cats. Funds available are £70 a week, but with the summer school holidays appearing on the horizon I'd like to save some money for days out and out some into my savings account if possible. The HT takes a packed lunch and a break time snack to school.

The freezer and cupboards are full. I can't fit anything else in the freezer so the plan is to use what's in there whilst putting some money aside for a restock shop once I've used as much as I can.

Summary...... Grocery budget for May =£350 please. First shop of the month will be next week some time.
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Thanks to all for starting the thread.

Can you please put me down for £130 starting yesterday (25th).

Hope that everyone has a good rest of the day.

Thanks

SIL
  • LexieLou
    LexieLou Posts: 714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, can you add me for £200 for the month? Thanks
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Options
    80 spent at Aldi yesterday so total spend of 88 so far. Fridge has food in again. Yay.
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And please may I join in with a target of £400 for May? Starting on Monday & running through to the 31st, and feeding 5 adults, 2 cats, 2 manic kittens, 2 cockatiels, 6 chickens, 6 bantams and 3 bantam chicks! To include cleaning stuff & basic toiletries, but not alcohol, take-aways or meals out - though to be fair, with the latter two, chance would be a fine thing!
    Angie - GC May 24 £253.52/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Funds available are £70 a week, but with the summer school holidays appearing on the horizon I'd like to save some money for days out and out some into my savings account if possible. The HT takes a packed lunch and a break time snack to school.

That's a good idea Cranky40 - it's surprising just how much extra school holidays can cost. Good luck with the saving.

Can I be in again please, £200 for a 5-week month (29 April - 3 June) for two adults, groceries only. Cleaning, toiletries etc have their own individual budgets. I'll be trying for a repeat of March when I managed to stretch 4 weeks money over 5 weeks and ended up with a small surplus. The fridge, freezer and cupboards are well stocked so there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to do it again. :D

Many thanks to those organising and updating the thread, you're all stars. :A
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    well although my GC doesn't officially start until the 1st of the month I have submitted an online shop this morning.
    Asd+ sent me a £10 off £50 shop but it had to be delivered by 1st of May.
    Managed to obtain a £1 delivery shop and spent £48 in total after discount.
    However there is no food stuffs included in order. Toilet tissue, deoderant, shampoo, toothbrush heads etc. I will still include this in May GC as it is not arriving until 1st May. I hopefully will still manage to keep to budget.
    good luck everyone:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport