B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here

Options

Comments

• Lynn11
    Lynn11 Posts: 674 Forumite
    Options
    I have certainly bought several reasonable priced toys for daughter's christmas which was cheaper than Asda ie dora treehouse, pooh game and pyjamas etc. I also buy Fairy liquidtabs for £2,99 when they are over £3.50 in the supermarket. Luckily I have a B&M 2 minutes drive from me or 10min walk - its a great shop and also buy some groceries as well.
    MFIT T2 Challenge - No 46
    Overpayments 2006-2009 = £11985; 2010 = £6170, 2011 = £5570, 2012 = £1290
  • Rache_uk
    Options
    austin wrote: »
    what does b&m stand for? i blurt out bangers & mash every time i see that place :rolleyes:
    Our B&M used to be called Bargain Madness, so I presume its the same company. Not sure where the '&' comes into it tho!
  • nannaC
    nannaC Posts: 469 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2009 at 11:00PM
    Options
    If ever you are in Cleveleys it is worth popping into the B&M there, this is the original store. Grumpy Grandad and I have been going there for years [they still run coach parties there]. A few weeks ago got 5 large catering tins of marrowfat peas at 49p per tin. Great for pea&ham soup, which I portioned out and froze [now got only 4 tins left, as have to ration Grumpy, or send him on long walks with our little old doggie]. They also currently have McDougalls packet puff pastry mix at 19p [short date], this is excellent, you just add water then roll fold a few times, [I added a little bit of butter to each fold jut to give it a better taste]. They also sell Warburtons at £1.09 which is 20 cheaper than most supermarkets.
  • drink-stella
    Options
    You can get 8 x 500 ml cans of Oranjeboom Lager 5% for £5.00 :beer:
  • Zeusiblue
    Options
    Originally Posted by austin viewpost.gif
    what does b&m stand for? i blurt out bangers & mash every time i see that place :rolleyes:
    B&M stands for Bargains and More ! Can't argue with that.
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    nannaC wrote: »
    If ever you are in Cleveleys it is worth popping into the B&M there, this is the original store. Grumpy Grandad and I have been going there for years.

Yes you are quite right in that was the very first B & M's :j:j:j

I've also been going there for years, although I feel that Home bargains (where Woolworth's were) are now giving them a bit of competition now :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    Rache_uk wrote: »
    Our B&M used to be called Bargain Madness, so I presume its the same company. Not sure where the '&' comes into it tho!

Yes your right, it originally stood for Bargain Madness :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • Claire_Bear
    Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the B&M stands for the initials of the people who first owned the store, the full name is B&M Bargains (or bargain madness) so it wouldn't make sense to say it twice!

Going to give the Mario figures another mention, saw similar in Gamestation earlier for £7! We have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bullet Bill, and the Bo-bomb and Goomba in a two pack.

Bags of Walkers Steak and Onion and Tomato crisps, Seabrooks Worcester sauce crisps, Go Crispy in Italian Herb (like Snack-a-Jacks), all 10p per bag.

Knorr Stockpot in Beef or Vegetable, 49p, £2 in supermarkets.
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i got some Walkers Tomato Ketchup crisps for 10p today!
  • melvis
    melvis Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work in B&M in Stockton, I love it :D

I'll be in there this afternoon :D
    Small business owner 🧵 Ex MSE comper 🏆 Student loan repayer 💴 Romanian dog rescuer 🐕 Hopefully a cost of living survivor 🤞🏻
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure