IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received nto but no pcn on windscreen

Options
wondered if anyone had any advice for me, i have received a NTO today from a parking offence 4th december, i have been requested to pay £70 and not offered the reduced sum as the 14day period offered on a PCN has expired, i have recieved pictures that the pcn was on the vehicle but inbetween them putting it on the car and me returning someone must have taken it off, how do i stand in trying to get the reduced rate? I am trying to get cctv to prove it was taken off the vehicle but been advised i'll probably be charged for this, in a no win situation here i feel! Any advise would be appreciated, Oh yes it was private land so no council involved, Thanks

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If this was private land and presumably a private parking company then you have nothing to worry about. From now on just ignore them and do not correspond with them. There is no "offence" involved as this was private land, hence no law has been broken. And did they actually call the letter an "NTO"? if so then they are breaking the law by pretending to be the council or the police. Could you please tell us the name of the company because we like to name and shame on here.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    Was it a car park that is privately run? or a yellow line? or a council car park? If it was a yellow line then yes I would post details on pepipoo, as councils can enforce and will get nasty if it is a private area, controlled by a ppc, then you can ignore it
  • dawnydiddle
    Options
    its Parking Collection services ltd, and i was parked in a cash point parking bay which apparently had a 20 minute waiting limit on it but because i have blue badge I assumed it overidden this time limit but because its private land it doesn;t, it was at Merry hill Centre Dudley and I have spoken to them for camera evidence but awaiting their reply and probably a charge!, i have also requested original PCN, there is also no payment due dAte on letter yet the lady at westfield (who own merry hill) said they would put the fee up if not paid, but paid by when lol!
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2011 at 1:26AM
    Options
    They are a private outfit, and have been discussed on pepipoo here :

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=48778

you should check this one out as it involves the Merry Hill Centre. It's a shame you contacted them before you posted here as you should have ignored them, however all is not lost, and others will be along to advise further.

The consensus will probably be to ignore them but be prepared for threatOgrams, and some letters, and some debt collection agency letters from the next desk along.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 11 January 2011 at 10:06AM
    Options
    You are taking them too seriously with all that talk of "evidence" "NTO" and "PCN". What it boils down to is that this is a private company with no special or official powers. You have not broken any laws and you do not owe them a penny. So from now on do not contact them, and ignore all correspondence from them
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Merry Hill must be doing pretty well if they can afford to frighten so many customers away. There seems an awful lot of invoices being issued there. I wonder how many just pay and don't go back!

Just ignore any future contact!
  • dawnydiddle
    Options
    thankyou for all your advice, i guess i am worrying for nothing and should have asked for advise on here earlier but on a plus side reported them to companies houses for sending letters out without reg number, address on etc nor on their website or emails so they may well regret sending it in the first place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure