IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Car Clamping - Response From MP

Options
I wrote recently to my MP regarding the Freedom Bill and the planned abolition of Car Clamping in England and Wales.

I have received a super response fully supporting the ban. I have no doubt which way he will vote. :D

The main reason for his support was the 'gross abuse of their powers' and their 'underhand manner'.

Please write to your own MP, making your opinion known and asking them to support the ban. :T

Comments

• bromsgrovebarry
    bromsgrovebarry Posts: 806 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2010 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Good post, I feel we need to be more direct to get rid of this pond life. MPs are good at promising but delivery falls short of what we expect. Clampers rob the innocent, drive customers from businesses and plod dismisses it as a civil matter. It is demanding money with menaces and needs to be outlawed in 2011.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Whilst Amber Rudd deplores the practice and accepts they often target the vulnerable she stops short of saying she would back the ban. She implies she does but does not actually say it.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Spartacus_Mills
    Options
    Good post, I feel we need to be more direct to get rid of this pond life. MPs are good and promising but delivery falls short of what we expect. Clampers rob the innocent, drive customers from businesses and plod dismisses it as a civil matter. It is demanding money with menaces and needs to be outlawed in 2011.

Please do not say that, you will upset the censors at MSE.
    "There's no such thing as Macra. Macra do not exist."
    "I could play all day in my Green Cathedral".
    "The Centuries that divide me shall be undone."
    "A dream? Really, Doctor. You'll be consulting the entrails of a sheep next. "
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    I was told off for abusing PPCs. Clampers are much, much worse as people cannot just ignore silly begging letters. The victims of clampers are robbed whilst plod looks the other way. Eventually the public will just ignore PPC threatograms but unless the law changes, clampers will continue to ply their disgusting trade.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was told off for abusing PPCs. Clampers are much, much worse as people cannot just ignore silly begging letters. The victims of clampers are robbed whilst plod looks the other way. Eventually the public will just ignore PPC threatograms but unless the law changes, clampers will continue to ply their disgusting trade.

That was very much the thrust of what I said to the MP. He entirely agrees and was very critical of their approach. :T
  • torontoboy45
    Options
    still awaiting a response from my mp, brian 'fat boy' binley. TBF to our rotund representative he's made noises against clampers ever since he wheezed his way into parliament in 05. he knows it's a weighty issue so I'm sure he'll be pressing down hard when the time comes.

merry xmas.
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had the chance last evening to discuss this with my MP face to face. Very encouraging and fully supportive of the ban on Clamping.

I would urge others to lobby as it does make a difference.:)
  • torontoboy45
    torontoboy45 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    still waiting my mine to get in touch.

I also took the chance to ask him to enquire under the FOI for the no. of applications made to the DVLA by PPC's, together with the no. granted.

no wonder he's taking his time...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport