EquiGas & EquiPower

Options
Steve.W_2
Steve.W_2 Posts: 53 Forumite
Have just done a comparison search on Energyhelpline for my Mother in Law who uses pre-payment meters with PowerGen Age Concern & the recommendation is to change to EquiGas & EquiPower by EBICo Ltd.

Energyhelpline say they have no customer service information about this supplier so I'm a little unsure wether to take the risk.

Has anybody on the forum has any experiences with this supplier?

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi Steve....I'm with Powergen metered Age Concern and same thing, Energyhelpline says move to Equigas, stand to gain £ 40 a year with simpler bills.This is all I have, holding back like you, until I know more......http://www.ebico.co.uk/
  • caveat_emptor
    Options
    Steve.W wrote:
    Have just done a comparison search on Energyhelpline for my Mother in Law who uses pre-payment meters with PowerGen Age Concern & the recommendation is to change to EquiGas & EquiPower by EBICo Ltd.
    Energyhelpline say they have no customer service information about this supplier so I'm a little unsure wether to take the risk.
    Has anybody on the forum has any experiences with this supplier?

Yes I have. EBICO is an agent, in my case for Southern Energy. Once you've signed up, your dealings will be with Southern Energy not EBICO.
    Customer service with Southern Energy is variable. My own experience has been poor but others speak highly. Look at the main EBICO (Equipower/Equigas) thread.
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've moved over to Equipower/EquiGas (Ebico) so far i've found the change over very efficient and when I called customer services I got through to Scottish Hydro (SSE) who deal with customer service/billing issues and found them very efficient.

Looking forward to saving money!!! :)
  • MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Options
    There is a thread for this, you can find it here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=131201
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    Pre payment meter users will almost certainly be better off with Equigas & Equipower. They don't penalise people who have them (unlike other suppliers) so they pay the same as everybody else. And they don't penalise people who can't pay by direct debit. The only niggle is that Equigas & Equipower don't bill direct, but use another company as their agent. In my case, it is Southern Electric. This could be confusing. Check the thread above and also search the forum for other threads on Equigas, Equipower, or Ebico.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure