PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    t14cy - just logged on after a break to see your post. So very sorry to read such devastating news for you and your family.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry to hear this t14cy t.
  • Litha
    Litha Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear such sad news, t14cy t . It's devastating for the whole family.
    Linda x
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have :heart:
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear such bad news especially on such a little one xx
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh T14cy t - how utterly, utterly dreadful……
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A fantastically entertaining evening last night in the form of a Flanders and Swan revisited performance in one of the local villages, it was just as much fun as I remembered from years gone by and included the 'hippopotamus song', 'I'm a Gnu', 'T'was on a Monday morning that the gasman came to call' and many others and was interspersed by very well read poems by Sir John Betjamen and my all time favourite 'Miss Joan Hunter-Dunn' we laughed and sang along for a couple of glorious hours. It was wonderful!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That sounds good fun Lyn :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Loving the sunny weather (more so now it's fractionally cooler) and the way the gardens and veg plots have come alive and are producing beautiful flowers and beautiful veg and fruit. We had the first carrot from the allotment for supper and very tasty it was too and the first pod of peas which we ate as we picked it, YUM! we have broccoli ready to harvest and courgettes which will be big enough to cut by the weekend and several pumpkins set and growing on. I think it's finally summer!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've just thanked you over on the T word thread Lyn. I haven't posted on here for a while , it seems to have gone very quiet recently. It really is summer and Oop North we've been in danger of melting. However last night I was putting the milk bottles out and there was a lovely coastal breeze coming straight off the sea . I stood outside the front door for about 10 minutes filling my lungs with lovely fresh air. I could smell the roses, lavender , honeysuckles etc and hear the birds setting down for the night. Better than a health spa and free of charge.
    I slept like a baby :rotfl:
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds lovely, Pollyanna.

Just a brief update from me. My OH, who was being treated for cancer, died suddenly on Saturday. He was in hospital for a couple of days, being treated for high calcium levels in his blood, and we were expecting him to come home Saturday. I went in to visit - he was tucked up in bed, asleep. Or rather, not asleep. He wasn't breathing. His heart had stopped in his sleep.

I have our son and OH's son here with me, we are awaiting the death certificate and are seeing a funeral director this morning. It was and still is a shock, he was due to start a new round of treatment soon, but obviously the Universe had other plans.

I believe we are made of the stuff that stars are made of. My OH has gone back to the stars.

Regards to everybody.
    One life - your life - live it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport