saving my future self from debt

Options

Comments

• pennyforthepot
    Options
    Quick post whist the dinners cooking, think I may be too tired to post afterwards, it's been quite a full on day.

Not too much going on MS wise, though I did find 5p on the pavement which I obviously picked up :D Also washed my car whilst the sun was out as I refuse point blank to pay for it to be washed, one of my top frugal rules. Not my favourite job though. Will have to vacuum tomorrow as I can't face doing both in one day! HM baked beans made - not too mushy as I didn't put the beans in till the end. One portion for DD for dinner with a jaket spud and 3 for the freezer. Did a little more stocking up of 'free from' at Tesco. I've just under a tenner left if I use the whole £50 my friend owed me. Cuppa with friends was £4.75 as I bought the bday girl one (I'm not that tight).
    Will have to post my scores on the doors in a bit - dinners ready :)
    Goal:to save £16,000 by 30/09/2019 claw back rental costs
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • pennyforthepot
    Options
    Scores on the Dorrs

Spent Today/Spend this Month/Monthly Budget
    1. £3.00/£152.25/£250 - food
    2. £4.66/£40.24/£50.00 - Stockpot
    3. £0.00/£13.00/£60.00 - Kids
    4. £0.00/£17.05/£40.00 - Miscellaneous
    5. £0.00/£43.42/£85.00 - Petrol
    6. £4.75/£4.75/£20.00 - Me
    7. £0.59/£5.75 - OP
    8. £2.20/£24.40 - Electricity
    9. £12.60 - Daily Available Spend. + 23p

PFTP X
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you have a liddle near you? They now have a permanent gf range, which is defo cheaper than sainz, and may have items your dd can eat.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm spending as much of it as I can catching up on your diary. You appear to be rather legendary :)

Not me :eek: Really:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pennyforthepot
    Options
    Do you have a liddle near you? They now have a permanent gf range, which is defo cheaper than sainz, and may have items your dd can eat.

Thanks Apple Muncher. I think my nearest one is about 15 miles away so not somewhere I could go regularly. However i think there is also an aldi, iceland and b&M all in the one place so I may well do a monthly browse to see what they have as gf is so expensive. Its Tescos where I'm getting my offers from at the mo, I do use sainsburys to get my nuts and seeds though but in general a bit too pricey for me.
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • pennyforthepot
    pennyforthepot Posts: 652 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2018 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Ok, so... the highs of today were spending quality time with my lovely DS and his GF(celebrating her bday). I had such a lovely couple of hours with them, sat in the sunshine eating lunch. It is a rare treat indeed for us to do that, in fact I can't remember the last time I did.

The cost, obviously, was not so much of a high! London prices and all that :eek: In an everyday world it wasn't really too pricey but in the world of the frugal DFW it was a little spendy.DS wanted to go halves with me but I told him he could buy me cake another day (gotta love a bit of cake) £40 for 4 of us (I took out their friend too who was from Auz and wouldnt be going home to see her family over the summer so I thought she needed a bit of motherly love). It was so delicious, you really appreciate it when you don't treat yourself often. On the upside I was able to Deduct £5 from lunch costs to as DS gave me a full box of washing tablets (along with his washing!) worth £5 so I have moved that from the cost of the meal and carried. I have also saved myself £1.70 by not eating lunch at home and not needing any dinner (big greedy lunch tum). Did have to spend £10 in Boots for some cream for DD.So total spend for the day is £45 That's massive for me and it gave my Daily Available Spend a bit of a booting :eek:- ony £169/£455 left in the cash pot and we are still not even half way through the month!

Scores on the Doors:

Spent Today/Spent this Month/Monthly Budget:
    • £0.00/£157.25/£250.00 - food
    • £0.00/£40.24/£50.00 - Stockpot
    • £25.00/£40.00/£60.00 - kids costs
    • £10.00/£27.05/£40.00 - miscellaneous
    • £0.00/£43.42/£85.00 - petrol
    • £10.00/£14.75/£20.00 - me
    • £1.57/£25.97 - electricity
    • £0.00/£5.75/ - OP
    • £10.60 - daily available spend down £2.33 :eek:

Hopefully a few days not spending for me on the horizon

PFTP x
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that you had a lovely lunch :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• pennyforthepot
    Options
    NSD - la la la :)

£11.31 - Daily Available Spend + 71p

That's all folks

PFTP X
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the NSD :j

• pennyforthepot
    pennyforthepot Posts: 652 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2018 at 6:13AM
    Options
    I dipped into the life of 'the wealthy' today when my boss took me to lunch at Bicester Village, a high end designer retail outlet en-route back from a client meeting. It was interesting!

We drove up in her new £80k+ Tesla which had a smart screen in the front bigger than my laptop screen and also had this Back to the Future doors that open upwards :) We valet parked (at a small cost of £35) but she didn't want a valet to drive her car so she just paid for the parking spot! Bearing in mind that we were only going for lunch we left having spent somewhere in the region of £1000 on 2 pairs of designer shoes, a designer iPhone case, some rather expensive yoga leggings and tops and a few Jo Malone bits. A whopping £18.75 of this was me as I bought a pack of 6 Origins Facemasks which retail at £5 each but I got for a little over £3 each and will make great stocking fillers for DD and DSs GF.

I found it quite overwhelming to be honest with you, so much stuff that was soooo expensive, yet some of the stuff didn't look any different to the high street shops. I did enjoy doing a bit of window shopping but there was little that drew me in. I was interested in doing some price comparisons on the make up,skin care products and candley bits as they make good Christmas pressies. I must check on line to see if I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

All in all I can honestly say I didn't feel jealous or wish I had more money - there was a lot of aimless shopping going on by lots of rich people who didn't seem any happier than I was, but it was nice to be taken out and experience something different.

The Scores in the Doors remain the same again today as I haven't spent from any of my monthly cash pots so I won't bother posting them for fear of losing the whole post.

£11.73 - daily available spend
    £1.65/£28.40 - electricity

Oh and I almost forgot the 3p gain I made from my s123 account for direct debits after the £5 account fee! Really must look into moving this account, thinking of Barclays as they have a good switch offer on at the moment

Off to Brighton for the weekend tomorrow :j

PFTP X
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business