Claims management company (CMC) complaints - ask the ombudsman your question

Options

Comments

• caitysmomma
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Make a formal complaint to the CMC. If you dont like their response, then you can go to the Legal Ombudsman.
    I just spoke with CMC on the phone - as compensation they have offered to reapply for PPI with other companies under plevin (?) and half the amount of their commission for any cases won. I'm not really happy with this....I have already paid them commission on other PPI that they won on my behalf, but I feel like I am paying when they have not done their job properly, and who knows how much money I have potentially lost out on. Is it unreasonable that I am still unhappy?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    as compensation they have offered to reapply for PPI with other companies under plevin (?)

How is that compensation?
    You are free to do that at no cost. A single sentance to the firm asking them to look at your case again in respect of Plevin is all it takes.
    and half the amount of their commission for any cases won.

That is an insult.
    Is it unreasonable that I am still unhappy?

Not at all. You would expect a goodwill gesture from them for their lies told. Maybe only £50-£100 but not an attempt to take more money from you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • londoner49
    Options
    Hello

I understand a CMC fee cap came in recently, can you confirm what date that was effective from please? I'm not clear if it was from April or July 2018.

Also, for claims after the cap date, should fees be capped at 20% + VAT or does it depend on when the letter of authority or contract was signed with the CMCe? For example, if an LOA or contract was signed in the month before the cap effective date, but with PPI claims submitted only after after the cap date, then which fee rate would apply?

Thanks!
  • UlsterD
    Options
    My partner was online bored one night and filled in claims via MyOffers website back in May regarding PPI and signed my name after doing the same herself thinking something would just come in the post.

After this a few weeks ago a company called Uclaim4Me who I see mentioned on other threads got involved saying they’d been successful in a PPI claim.

They somehow with a fake electronic signature of mine successfully get a claim from Halifax. I asked UClaim4Me to send me the LOA as I hadn’t signed anything myself.

They agreed to lower the fee of around £1100 to £900 but then I read through the Terms Of Engagement.

The LOA has the term of engagement saying their fee was 24% but they are telling me as the claim was raised in May I owe them 33% and their systems automatically posts the new LOA agreement and they couldn’t do anything about it.

Whilst I am happy I have funds I am not happy how they proceeded with things and also the fact they are saying as it was May I owe 33% and not he 24% on their LOA I asked to send as evidence of my authority and signature.

I am happy to pay them 24% as shown on the Terms of Engagement not a problem but they are saying pay the £900 or they will withdraw that offer also and want the full 33%

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • missunlucky1
    Options
    I have had nothing but hasstle and problems with claiming PPI back from Welcome Finance despite using Resolver. They have had more than enough time and they have not supplied me with any answers and my cases are at escalated point. Ive submitted a complaint to Financial Ombudsman also. They are causing me distress and FAILED to supply documents that match my original documents. They claim and pass the blame and leave me with a debt collection agency after 10 years for £7000 on an account i settled in 2008. Welcome Finance are ruining my life
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have had nothing but hasstle and problems with claiming PPI back from Welcome Finance despite using Resolver.

Possibly 'because of', rather than 'despite '...
  • Tori45
    Options
    Hi ive used a PPI company and won my case. However the PPI company messaged me in June to say shop direct no longer dealt with them and if I heard anything I was to contact them. I heard nothing. In August I received an invoice from PPI company but had no cheque received to pay them. During a 4 week period I had spoken to them and explained I had not received anything from shop direct meanwhile I had final demands phone calls and texts at from PPI. They then after a month have me a number for shop direct and I rang them. Turns out the cheque had been sent to wrong address. Who is at fault here I do not know. Ive made 6 phone calls to shop direct each time being charged up to £5 a call to chase up this cheque I still have not received. My question is I know I have to pay the PPI company when I get the money, but can I ask for a discount as ive been the one doing all the work. And correcting the mistakes made. Many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. You were always going to have to all the work.

A claims company just pops your complaint in the post for you.
  • Reed313
    Options
    I signed up claim eazy fpr ppi reclaim and on the first claim they was ok but also received a payout from another ppi calim and i started the process with them in January and they told me it will take 8 weeks and they would call with regular updates but they didn't and i had to call them regularly for updates. I then received gorms from the company i was claiming the ppi against to my gome hence i completed them and sent them back. I got a payout in September and claim eazy want there fees but they didn't keep to there part of the contract hence why i don't feel that i should pay for a service i didn't receive. I have complained to them but am getting no where. I made all the xalls and completed the forms so why should i pay? It don't seem fair. I also submitted all the documents to them with proof of ppi as they requested and was later told that it was a waste of time because the company had to confirm ppi and all they could do was resubmit the complaint every 8 weeks until the company responded which is why it took over 8 months until i contacted the company myself and they sorted it out. Please help!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Again, they bought the stamp and posted your complaint.

You now need to pay them for their hard work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure